Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• okay. so none of cotto fans actually think he has a chance against floyd. good thing that's out of the way. you guys are smarter than I gave you credit for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hyacinth View Post
      okay. so none of cotto fans actually think he has a chance against floyd. good thing that's out of the way. you guys are smarter than I gave you credit for.
      But he will make it a fight

Comment

• Originally posted by javielo View Post
        I laugh at the comments of the gayweather fans......... Cotto this Cotto that........

Mayweather will be exposed in this fight if Bruseles could stand with him for 8 rounds I cant imagine what Cotto will do to the boxing act of Mayweather........
        @ the bold, i get so sick of all the gay references in here. its called boxing javielo. and thats the thing with floyd. each fight plan is taylor made and is designed to take away a fighters strength. you cant look at and compare one of his fights to another. in the hatton fight he took away ricky's left hook 2 the body and it crippled his entire offence. v shane he took away his aggression. in each fight he takes the advantage away from the victim. and thats what makes him effective. if you are looking at henry as you ah hah! there is his weakness you are at a supreme deficit. and that pretty sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by borikua View Post
          But he will make it a fight
          I bet he will do better than Ortiz and Marquez.

Comment

• Oh they do.

They're probably the most delusional fanbase I've ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Oh they do.

They're probably the most delusional fanbase I've ever seen.
              no group is more delusional than the *******s

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                He's good at emulating cotto, but he's no cotto. Cotto does cotto best, mayweather does mayweather best, etc.

im sure margarito had success against omar, but how much success did he have against cotto?
                No I agree with you 100% that he's not Cotto, I just think finding sparring partners for Cotto is easier than finding them for Floyd. It's moot at the end of the day anyway.

Comment

• I dont think Cotto will win but I think he will do a lot better then what people believe. Floyd will win a UD.

Comment

• They need to entice Joshua Clottey to be his sparring partner. He is the only one that can emulate "current" Mayweather.

Mayweather/Cotto is going to be a replay of Cotto/Clottey minus the illegal use of heads and open wounds.

Mayweather will still have his fast hands, but isn't as mobile. Clottey is probably one of the few that can emulate his handspeed at this current weight class and size. He fights with a high guard and the shoulder roll for his defense. He will be in the center of the ring the entire fight because I don't think he has the legs anymore for a marathon.

Cotto had a rough time penetrating Clottey's defense and had to rely on counters to score points. Cotto will need to work on breaking through that guard and getting around the shoulder roll.

So my pick is Clottey. Give that guy 50K and he'll help get the job done

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                      Just telling how it is.. You mad??

well cotto been brutally beat two times now. Everyone was discrediting pac's win because of how Tony destroyed him. So now everyone is saying he is better after going trough two savage beatings??

Having said that I don't go that route anyway. I love this fight and I feel cotto will be competitive. But I just find it funny how floyd fans loved the word " leftover " and now flip flopping.

True story
                      but again spoon that argument can be made on both sides of the street. when floyd fought JMM at welter, pac fans tried to get floyd deported (LOL) and filed criminal charges in las vegas. they said there was no way JMM could be competitive at that wt and said floyd won due to the two lb advantage. then when pac signed to fight JMM at 147 they said "pac by ko in rn 1" and so on and so on. and many others. this crap goes on for fans of both fighters. its just really funny when one side tries to play like its the other guys and not my guys. and to your question, i dont get mad because you dont have the strength to be honest with your self. i get mad when the market does not fall my way, i get mad if someone dings my car, i get mad if some one hits a kid and keeps going, i get mad at silly people trying to tell me that multi-millionaires should not pay their fair share of taxes. i get mad if the IRS audits my company. but i dont bother to get mad because YOU lie to YOURSELF about boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X