Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Ill View Post
    i dont blame him ....118- 110?.....that was BS score
    Curious...what rounds did you give Cotto besides rd 6 and rd 8?? And these other rds you scored for Cotto, do you think they were close enough to go either way?

118-110 is right on the money for me

Comment

• The first 8 rounds was close, it was a back and forth fight. I could see it even in scoring. But when the 9th round started, Cotto didn't really do much. He seems tired. Even when he had Floyd by the ropes, he didn't do that much.

Comment

• Watched it last night and it was closer than I had it the first time. Cotto had some good rounds. He probably lost most, but he was never out of the fight.

Great fight indeed. Proud of both. Cotto proved a lot, and those who thought he was going to he Gatti'ed (May he rest in peace), don't know **** about boxing.

Styles make fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          I'm sure in his mind he thought he won. He fought his ass off. Being in a fight and being a fan watching on TV are two different things. People should understand that.
          This. Why is that hard to understand? Fighters damn near always think they won their fights when they go the cards. He fought his heart out and he thought he won.

Comment

• If Cotto thinks he won then that's pretty sad.

Comment

• most of the rounds were close. I had may winning 7 5. May one the first and last 2 rounds ez. It was close . May show off is boxing skills. Cotto showed us his heart.

Comment

• Cotto's never lost a fight on the cards.

That could explain some.

The only times he's lost he knew he was physically beaten and stopped by the stronger man, not outboxed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  Watch that round again. I just don't get how anyone has that round for Cotto. He literally only landed 3 punches that entire round and they were all jabs.
                  Lol ya bro, i marked that round later with a question mark because im not sure how i could have marked it for cotto. Brb...

Just rewatched it. Idunno brah, but what i do know is i call b.s on compubox in round 3. Cotto landed a few jabs, a couple left hooks to the body and a couple right hooks to the body. It was a very close competitive round that could have went either way, no need to overlook cotto being effective to some degree in that round.

But ya, i call b.s. on compubox, thats for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                    I respect Cotto as a person...but this is a bytch move.
                    Unlike typing that behind the anonymity of a keyboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
                      The first 8 rounds was close, it was a back and forth fight. I could see it even in scoring. But when the 9th round started, Cotto didn't really do much. He seems tired. Even when he had Floyd by the ropes, he didn't do that much.
                      and what fight wereyou watching last night?

Comment

Working...
                      X