Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell ya bra, rewatching it right now. Strange thing is, the fight seems even closer and more competitive than when i watched it the first time as just a fan. Im only through 5 rounds right now, but my scorecard;

Round 1; May

Round 2; Cotto *The first time i watched i gave it to floyd, but after rewatching it cotto WAS catching floyd with some good shots, and controlling quite a bit. I marked this round as very close, and its not unreasonable for it to go either way imo*

Round 3; Cotto

Round 4; May

Round 5; May *another very close round that wouldnt be a crime to score either way imo.*

And thats as far as i got so far

Comment

• It was interesting to see how uncomfortable Mayweather looked. There were several close rounds - 2,5,6,7 were all close. In those instances, I would have to favor the defending champion. Round 8 was fought hard by Cotto and he absolutely dominated Floyd... I don't think I've ever seen Floyd thoroughly dominated like that in a round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
        Didn't watch it yet, how did you score it?
        Each time I watched I gave cotto 3rounds. Floyd was much sharper than I originally thought tho. He hit cotto with some vicious shots. Cotto did good work to the body but his best punch was his jab by far and it wasn't enough to win him the fight. What I saw was cotto do enough to stay competitive in most rounds but not enough to win them.

Comment

• Don't need to see it again to see it deserves a rematch, it was that close. Lol at all these blowout score cards from Floyd fans when they were drunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            Me and several friends and gym-mates rewatched it several times today. We all pretty much scored Cotto even lower than the first time. Floyd is just so fast, you really have to take a few looks to truly appreciate his finesse, precision, and defensive prowess.
            damn, you must've been watching it with larryx, yesir and conquering..lol

watch it again until you see floyd not get busted up...

Comment

• I noticed that Floyd can still fight on his back foot when he wants to. At round 8, this was the first time that I've seen Floyd lost his cool and looked a bit frustrated. Overall, he fought great and i just thought that Roger should have constantly advised him to move away from the ropes when Cotto was at close range.
              Last edited by Carpe Diem; 05-06-2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                just rewatched it 5 times and it was alot closer the 1st time i watched it.now that im not drunk and actually watching it.Floyd dominated and Cotto showed alot of heart but was missing alot of punches and down right getting beat up toward the end
                I also see that Floyd is a rugged dude. Good chin. Never complains.

Comment

• last night drunk i scored it 9-3 n was open to 8-4, watched today n i scored 10-2, floyd is really good, wish they would of have them 8oz gloves more blood, more tiring, cleaner punches, a great fight, i expected cotto to open up more i didnt expect him to be as smart as he perform, i argued with everybody around me thinkin floyd was gona win easy without a scratch, but i knew cotto has a good jab n his confidence to pull the upset was real high, great motivation he had

Comment

• Watched is 2 times. The 2nd time. (this morning not drunk as ****), Cotto did better than I 1st thought. Floyd won, but Floyd missed a lot & threw a ton load of arm punches. I believe Cotto landed the single harder shots but Floyd was more consistent & down the stretch he pulled away.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      Rewatched it twice tonite. Helluva fight. Did anyone get anything new from the rematch? Any new scorecards?
                      rewatched it earlier...I didn't realize how much Floyd got tagged....Cotto woked him over at times. I just remember yelling whenever Floyd ate a jab last night but Cotto definitely hit him more than anyone else ever has.

Comment

Working...
                      X