No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman: A Promising Career Crippled By Demons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClitschKO_cuzn View Post
    No one is arguing his win, Guzman clearly won whichever way he won but he still won.
    You stated he "went on his bike" after round 3 and ran and I provided evidence that proved you wrong.

But don't sit there in your pc
    lol are you not sitting in front of your PC? Or are you communicating with me via your mind??

and say he never hit soto under the belt
    You're grasping at straws man. The only low blow that occured was a slightly below the belt line shot that was completely unintentional, even Lennox Lewis said it wasn't that low and Soto was just using the time the ref gave him.

and don't say Guzman's strategy changed after he felt Soto's power in the early rounds.
    Which explains why he fought Soto toe to toe in a number of later rounds? Again, I already posted round 7 which Guzman was fighting toe to toe the entire time. This totally disproves your theory that guzman started to fight different after he felt this supposed power of Soto. If Guzman was afraid of his power, why fight toe to toe?

Soto lost, it's his fault for not knowing how to beat Guzman, not every fighter will come forward and trade with you
    But Guzman did trade with him for much of the fight...

Time to move on, Soto is still champion and Guzman has been dropped by Goldenboy, his next opponent is a 15 round fight with some items from the Mc Donalds' value menu and after that some Dominican desert on the side.

And this is what you have to resort to?

Comment

Well if you didn't like my term well let's just say he backed peddled from rounds 3-12.. If you think the low blow was slightly below the belt line why was he entitled to 5 minutes? Lennox Lewis didn't think it was "that low" but Larry Merchant did, so what are you arguing, you weren't the one that got hit below the belt, maybe it would not hurt you as much as it did to Soto. If he wasn't afraid of his power why not trade with him the whole fight? You posted round 7 that is only one round? We both know a championship fight is 12 rounds.

No that's not what I resort to, I'm just stating the truth and here is another truth. "http://www.boxingscene.com/joan-guzman-suspended-eight-months-retire--35277"

Posted by the #1 boxing site in the Net, Boxingscene.com

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      You stated he "went on his bike" after round 3 and ran and I provided evidence that proved you wrong.

lol are you not sitting in front of your PC? Or are you communicating with me via your mind??

You're grasping at straws man. The only low blow that occured was a slightly below the belt line shot that was completely unintentional, even Lennox Lewis said it wasn't that low and Soto was just using the time the ref gave him.

Which explains why he fought Soto toe to toe in a number of later rounds? Again, I already posted round 7 which Guzman was fighting toe to toe the entire time. This totally disproves your theory that guzman started to fight different after he felt this supposed power of Soto. If Guzman was afraid of his power, why fight toe to toe?

But Guzman did trade with him for much of the fight...

And this is what you have to resort to?

Comment

i remember my sons moms uncle was talking up guzman like he was going to be the next best thing. look at him now. thats some ****ed up **** man.....

Comment

Originally posted by LoStranger View Post
          Guzman probably the only fighter on the planet I love and hate simutaneously

so talented its such a waste......his performance over Soto was a masterclass of pure boxing

an absolute masterclass of the highest order........Guzman is the most frustrating boxer to be a fan of....

Comment

Working...
          X