Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman: A Promising Career Crippled By Demons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guzman keeps missing the scales even if he is already climbing weight class after every fight..

he should be fighting butterbean on his comeback fight, that way, he wouldn't be missing the scales..

Comment

If these two had never separated, then Guzman would have reached his full potential.

Comment

I agree. If Guzman stayed with a top trainer and had different management that offered some discipline he could have gone to the very top.

Sadly he will be remembered for his failure to get the big fights because of his own demons.

Comment

I'm a fan of GUZMAN now and ever!!!

Comment

So using your theory because he stood and traded once in a while that does not mean he got on his bike? We can argue the same about Calderon, but we don't want to go there.

If I am lying no one would agree with me and many do, Why didn't Guzman fight Soto the same way he did Barrios?

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            Why are you acting like no one has access to this fight?

Just to show how ******ed your post is, here is round 7-8, on youtube for anyone to see, here is Guzman fighting TOE TO TOE with Soto:

But according to you he "ran" after the 3rd round. How can this be if seen here in rounds 7 he's fighting toe to toe? In round 8 he sticks and moves and out lands soto. Seems like either your memory is shot or you're lying.

Comment

That is exactly how I remember it. I also remember in one of the early rounds Soto pins him against the ropes tagging him with body shots and Guzman out of nowhere intentionally hits soto with a low blow to halt his attack.

Originally posted by The Hope Pope View Post
              This is exactly what happened. I remember that fight almost frame by frame. He got brave in the first few rounds, felt Soto's power and then decided to run the rest of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hope Pope View Post
                Demons aka cheeseburgers.
                Cheeseburgers are evil

Comment

Originally posted by ClitschKO_cuzn View Post
                  That is exactly how I remember it. I also remember in one of the early rounds Soto pins him against the ropes tagging him with body shots and Guzman out of nowhere intentionally hits soto with a low blow to halt his attack.
                  Again, your memory is completely shot.

Here is a gif I made after the fight. Soto gets him against the ropes, throws 11 punches and MISSES 11 punches. Shoulder roll son

^^^This is an example extraordinary defense right here. Not many people in the game could pull something off like that
                  Last edited by ИATAS; 01-27-2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

No one is arguing his win, Guzman clearly won whichever way he won but he still won. But don't sit there in your pc and say he never hit soto under the belt and don't say Guzman's strategy changed after he felt Soto's power in the early rounds. After 4 rounds the fight was basically even 2-2.

Soto lost, it's his fault for not knowing how to beat Guzman, not every fighter will come forward and trade with you, so it's his job to find a way, but he didn't and he lost.

Time to move on, Soto is still champion and Guzman has been dropped by Goldenboy, his next opponent is a 15 round fight with some items from the Mc Donalds' value menu and after that some Dominican desert on the side.

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    Again, your memory is completely shot.

Here is a gif I made after the fight. Soto gets him against the ropes, throws 11 punches and MISSES 11 punches. Shoulder roll son

^^^This is an example extraordinary defense right here. Not many people in the game could pull something off like that

Comment

Its a real shame, he could have landed the big fight he needed if he just made weight against Campbell because he would have been the unified champ at LW after beating him and someone probably JMM would have had to have fought him probably a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X