Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Tito would KO anyone at 147-160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tito was a bad mofo. He would KO almost anyone at 147-154.

Comment

At the end of the day,Martinez would KO Tito(Or at least Beat the Hell out of him)so just think what a guy like SRL or even Duran,Pryor,Chavez and Hagler would do..I would have paid top dollar for a Tito vs Hearns..That fight would have been epic..

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
        At the end of the day,Martinez would KO Tito(Or at least Beat the Hell out of him)so just think what a guy like SRL or even Duran,Pryor,Chavez and Hagler would do..I would have paid top dollar for a Tito vs Hearns..That fight would have been epic..
        You really think so?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          I don't know what's wrong with just being a fan of a fighter and not having to feel that he is/was invincible. Most of my favorite fighters were beaten by someone at some point in their careers. Anyone can cheer for the "best." It's more realistic if you just find someone you relate to and accept their shortcomings.

Tito is an ATG. There's tremendous honor in that. Making wild assertions about his capabilities just urges non-fans to loathe him.
          Green K deserve for this post I really don't feel the need to post anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson. View Post
            uh... yeah, no.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              You really think so?
              I truly do,Martinez would not be right in front of him,that left hook would not land with regularity..I say either Tito get's jab to death and walks into perfectly set up left and rights(you decide)while Martinez moves back leading him into shots..Not to say he would be dominated,just saying I believe Martinez would beat him..

Comment

The same guy that got schooled by DLH?

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
                  I truly do,Martinez would not be right in front of him,that left hook would not land with regularity..I say either Tito get's jab to death and walks into perfectly set up left and rights(you decide)while Martinez moves back leading him into shots..Not to say he would be dominated,just saying I believe Martinez would beat him..
                  But, that was not the only punch that Tito had. He was also very dynamic puncher with his right hand.

And, it doesn't worry you that Martinez relies to much athleticism and he often fights with his hands down? That might be his demise against Tito no?

Plus he's stamina is not the best out there either. I mean with Pavlik it seemed like he took a couple rounds off just to have stamina at the end. Can he afford to take rounds off against somebody like Tito?

Plus he's chin is also some what questionable still...

I would honestly pick Tito in that fight. I can see Tito getting outbox early but in the middle rounds I can see him being in control with his pressure, I can see him landing enough shots to slow Martinez down, can fight with your hands down against Tito. And, I can see Tito stopping Martinez late in the fight or Martinez gets on his bike and run for his life like Oscar did.

Comment

Oscar whooped Tito's ass but then he did a Cotto move and ran away for the last 3 rounds so he got robbed.

I wonder why Tito vs Oscar 2 was never made.

Tito was badass I'm not takin anything away from him....but Oscar did whoop him.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      You really think so?
                      Originally posted by Sn1gger View Post
                      so the guy wasnt an elite level boxer...

but to sum up his abilities as a hard left is complete bull****.

he was still a very good boxer and had power in both hands.
                      plus he was able to land big shots in most of his fights.
                      no one outboxs pernell whittaker with just a hard left.
                      In all honesty I have no reason to hate on Felix. Even he was beating guys I thought he was nothing special except for that left. De la Hoya was the only reason that the WW division gets real credit for that time period. For a man that was absolutely one dimensional he never even learned to cut off the ring. He just followed boxers around. BHop showed him what following a great boxer around gets you. Oscar handled him pretty easy until he gassed out. If he would have caught the generation before his or the one we are in the midst of, he would taken more major ass whoopins. That era wasnt awful but closer to mediocure than great.

Comment

Working...
                      X