Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did he KO David Reid?

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      In all honesty I have no reason to hate on Felix. Even he was beating guys I thought he was nothing special except for that left. De la Hoya was the only reason that the WW division gets real credit for that time period. For a man that was absolutely one dimensional he never even learned to cut off the ring. He just followed boxers around. BHop showed him what following a great boxer around gets you. Oscar handled him pretty easy until he gassed out. If he would have caught the generation before his or the one we are in the midst of, he would taken more major ass whoopins. That era wasnt awful but closer to mediocure than great.
      From this post and your post history, I'm confused to what game you're a student of?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        From this post and your post history, I'm confused to what game you're a student of?
        Dont be vague. Say what you mean. What is the issue with what I said buddy? Give me something to go on.

Comment

But, that was not the only punch that Tito had. He was also very dynamic puncher with his right hand.

And, it doesn't worry you that Martinez relies to much athleticism and he often fights with his hands down? That might be his demise against Tito no?

Plus he's stamina is not the best out there either. I mean with Pavlik it seemed like he took a couple rounds off just to have stamina at the end. Can he afford to take rounds off against somebody like Tito?

Plus he's chin is also some what questionable still...

I would honestly pick Tito in that fight. I can see Tito getting outbox early but in the middle rounds I can see him being in control with his pressure, I can see him landing enough shots to slow Martinez down, can fight with your hands down against Tito. And, I can see Tito stopping Martinez late in the fight or Martinez gets on his bike and run for his life like Oscar did.
          I respectfully disagree,Martinez does take breaks but it's hard to take full advantage..Martinez is a fighter that uses your aggression against you..I always felt Tito did not get credit for his boxing ability(he was decent)but Martinez is leagues above him..I see Martinez being a lil to slippery for Tito,let's not forget Tito's chin..He was not running in crazy for B-Hop who walk Tito into shots all night..I think he would always have trouble with boxers who move,Oscar,B-Hop..I see Martinez lasting and knocking Tito down a few times..

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
            I respectfully disagree,Martinez does take breaks but it's hard to take full advantage..Martinez is a fighter that uses your aggression against you..I always felt Tito did not get credit for his boxing ability(he was decent)but Martinez is leagues above him..I see Martinez being a lil to slippery for Tito,let's not forget Tito's chin..He was not running in crazy for B-Hop who walk Tito into shots all night..I think he would always have trouble with boxers who move,Oscar,B-Hop..I see Martinez lasting and knocking Tito down a few times..
            Tito chin is not really that bad. All of his knockdowns except for Hopkins and Roy(naturally bigger men) was him getting caught cold. He really wasn't hurt when he got drop.

Again Hopkins, bigger guy, taller guy, and more importantly very skillful(more so than Martinez) and fundamentally sound levels above Martinez. I mean yea he didn't run crazy do Hopkins(but Tito didn't run crazy to Hopkins) but Hopkins is really not a fair comparison. Not only is different skillset and different fundamentals. You would not see Hopkins with his hands by his waist. Especially against somebody as accurate as Tito? That's like suicide man. And, if you Martinez, in every fight he puts his hands on his waist, he would do it with Tito and that won't be good for him. He can take rounds off against Pavlik but a prime Tito is a different animal. You don't take rounds off against Tito. Martinez is a very talented fighter. Maybe arguably the best fighter right now. But, his slipperiness is overrated. He gets his and he gets hit often. And, Tito would touch him up.

Comment

Tito chin is not really that bad. All of his knockdowns except for Hopkins and Roy(naturally bigger men) was him getting caught cold. He really wasn't hurt when he got drop.

Again Hopkins, bigger guy, taller guy, and more importantly very skillful(more so than Martinez) and fundamentally sound levels above Martinez. I mean yea he didn't run crazy do Hopkins(but Tito didn't run crazy to Hopkins) but Hopkins is really not a fair comparison. Not only is different skillset and different fundamentals. You would not see Hopkins with his hands by his waist. Especially against somebody as accurate as Tito? That's like suicide man. And, if you Martinez, in every fight he puts his hands on his waist, he would do it with Tito and that won't be good for him. He can take rounds off against Pavlik but a prime Tito is a different animal. You don't take rounds off against Tito. Martinez is a very talented fighter. Maybe arguably the best fighter right now. But, his slipperiness is overrated. He gets his and he gets hit often. And, Tito would touch him up.
              I agree Martinez would get touch in this fight,Tito as I stated was more skilled then giving credit for..But Martinez keeps his hands low to lure ya in to counter you..Martinez is also an accurate puncher and should have three KO's in his last four fights(Alex Bunema Cintron and Pwilly)sorry I meant five..Martinez's toughness is also underrated,imo Pav would possibly KO Tito and we seen what happen against in Pav's fight against Martinez..One punch can change a fight and Tito has the punch to do it..But he would have to land it and the way Martinez fights I believe it would hard to land that punch..Martinez is no B-Hop but Hoya was won that fight on my cards(although not gonna argue with anybody who feels different Hoya ran for the sec half of the fight)and he did it with movement..I believe Martinez would take more risk with Tito therefore landing many more hard sit down punches then Hoya did..I see a close fight but I just see Martinez winning and frustrating Tito to victory..

Comment

Working...
              X