Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Mosley a lose-lose situation for Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao-Mosley a lose-lose situation for Pacquiao?

If Pacquiao beats him, people will say that they expected nothing less after Floyd's domination of Mosley.

If Pacquiao loses, people won't consider Pacquiao a serious threat to Floyd anymore after Floyd dominated the guy Pacquiao lost from.

There is absolutely nothing to gain for Pacquiao here. Pacquiao would make the same amount of money if he fought JMM or Berto.
    Yes
    57.14%
    No
    42.86%

It was some serious cherrypicking going on here.Money excuse,no good,they fought Clottey.Best at 147,no way,he hasn't looked good in 2 years & as many fights.Most recognizable name,maybe,but again they fought Clottey.There really isn't anything to gain in this fight,it should have never been made.I'm not mad at Mosley,I'd do the same,were I him,the blame lies completely with team Pacman!!

Comment

yes, no way he wins in my mind, no matter what happens. he'll probably look a lot better in the fight than floyd, because floyd took his foot off the gas against shane, but either way, it wont matter.

i wont be watching a pac fight for the first time in forever

Comment

Mosley better not go in there throwing overhand rights, I recently watched the Collazo fight and he was throwing very straight right hands. He'll find the target much easier with that.

Comment

I have to agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
            If Pacquiao beats him, people will say that they expected nothing less after Floyd's domination of Mosley.

If Pacquiao loses, people won't consider Pacquiao a serious threat to Floyd anymore after Floyd dominated the guy Pacquiao lost from.

There is absolutely nothing to gain for Pacquiao here. Pacquiao would make the same amount of money if he fought JMM or Berto.
            I disagree

The same was being said prior to the Margarito fight. What ended up happening? Pacquiao was praised highly for his performance by experts and fans alike as highlights of the fight were on ESPN for about a week or so following the fight. Mosley again will be another situation where right now people are making a mockery of it. Skip about 3 months from now and about half of the people who are hating on this fight will start to look towards Mosley to pull off the upset.

More than anything though, and I've stated this before, Pacquiao simply has an exciting style to watch. He could fight the keygrip to the new Batman movie and people generally will still pay to see him.

People love watching Pacquiao fight, and they will continue to after the Mosley fight

Comment

I agree that it is a lose lose fight for him the whole thing is a farce and an absolute joke of a fight.

Comment

Your absolutley right.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                  I disagree

The same was being said prior to the Margarito fight. What ended up happening? Pacquiao was praised highly for his performance by experts and fans alike as highlights of the fight were on ESPN for about a week or so following the fight. Mosley again will be another situation where right now people are making a mockery of it. Skip about 3 months from now and about half of the people who are hating on this fight will start to look towards Mosley to pull off the upset.

More than anything though, and I've stated this before, Pacquiao simply has an exciting style to watch. He could fight the keygrip to the new Batman movie and people generally will still pay to see him.

People love watching Pacquiao fight, and they will continue to after the Mosley fight
                  this makes a lot of sense ...

only question after Mosley everyone expects a hard body next for Pac, if Floyd is not available who could fill the slot?

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                    I disagree

I disagree with this entirely Pac as far as I can see hast got much credit from beating a weight drained shot version of Margarito and rightly so.

Neither will he get credit for beating a 40 year old who hasn’t won a fight in over two years.

I also think your very much overrating Pac’s star status.

Comment

Working...
                    X