Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Mosley a lose-lose situation for Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, it is a win-win situation.

He is getting paid without any risk of losing. Smart business move from Bob Arum and Pac

Comment

Originally posted by MCCCXXXIII View Post
      I disagree with this entirely Pac as far as I can see hast got much credit from beating a weight drained shot version of Margarito and rightly so.

Neither will he get credit for beating a 40 year old who hasn’t won a fight in over two years.

I also think your very much overrating Pac’s star status.
      margs was not weight drained. ask eaner

Comment

Tony was both shot and weight drained. That's why they wanted 150.

Its a typical bitch move from Pac. Just like asking Cotto for 145 then claiming 2 pounds is not important.

Yet they're important enough to be put into a contract?

Comment

The only win situation for Manny here is the money and the opponent being African American that haters have been crying about.

What's next? Pac hasn't fought an Eskimo?

Comment

Originally posted by Sexy Boy View Post
            No, it is a win-win situation.

He is getting paid without any risk of losing. Smart business move from Bob Arum and Pac
            This is why I voted no^^^^^

The guy is getting paid and the *******s are goona eat this up as if he just dethroned Jesus.

The media will :*******: just because Mosley is a household name, but only the Hardcore fans know exactly the situation Manny is getting himself into.

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
              It was some serious cherrypicking going on here.Money excuse,no good,they fought Clottey.Best at 147,no way,he hasn't looked good in 2 years & as many fights.Most recognizable name,maybe,but again they fought Clottey.There really isn't anything to gain in this fight,it should have never been made.I'm not mad at Mosley,I'd do the same,were I him,the blame lies completely with team Pacman!!
              Actually, Clottey is an underrated fighter, he always has been. He put Margarito through the chopper before his hand got hurt, he beat Cotto - I'll stand by that forever - and his only other loss was a DQ.

Clottey was a dangerous fighter that had a conservative gameplan. His strategy was faulty, but he as a fighter is not.

Back to the the topic. This is definitely a lose-lose fight. The only way Pacquiao can spin it as a victory is if he knocks Mosley out. A decision isn't going to do it and if he loses more than a round, people are going to talk about it as looking unimpressive compared to Mayweather.

This was the worst possible selection they could have possibly made.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post
                This is why I voted no^^^^^

The guy is getting paid and the *******s are goona eat this up as if he just dethroned Jesus.

The media will :*******: just because Mosley is a household name, but only the Hardcore fans know exactly the situation Manny is getting himself into.

In the states, nobody other than Pacquiao is a "household name." Mosley will be recognizable for casual fans, but not extremely recognizable.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                  The only win situation for Manny here is the money and the opponent being African American that haters have been crying about.

What's next? Pac hasn't fought an Eskimo?
                  Mosley has never qualified as a "slick" fighter nor does he now that he's a dinosaur.

Comment

In a way yes, but styles make fights...

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav III View Post
                      Actually, Clottey is an underrated fighter, he always has been. He put Margarito through the chopper before his hand got hurt, he beat Cotto - I'll stand by that forever - and his only other loss was a DQ.

Clottey was a dangerous fighter that had a conservative gameplan. His strategy was faulty, but he as a fighter is not.

Back to the the topic. This is definitely a lose-lose fight. The only way Pacquiao can spin it as a victory is if he knocks Mosley out. A decision isn't going to do it and if he loses more than a round, people are going to talk about it as looking unimpressive compared to Mayweather.

This was the worst possible selection they could have possibly made.
                      Bro,U misinterpreted my post & went on to explain an argument that doesn't exist.I wasn't arguing about how good Clottey is,I know he's an underachiever that doesn't throw enough punches to beat the most prolific offense under 154.My argument concerning Clottey was strickly for those that use the money excuse.The money excuse holds no weight because they fought Clottey,who brings no money & has no fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X