Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Klitschko Confirm Tomasz Adamek Fight; Details

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not really up with the play re: Haye/Klitschko.

There have been so many articles in the last few days, and I have missed at least a couple of them.

Is the following summary from "nordic" and "The Surgeon" correct..... ?

1) Haye wants Wlad

2) Wlad wants Haye

3) Sky says: it's possible only for 30th of april or 2nd of july

4) Haye says: i'm not gonna go in april

5) Wlad says: ok we have a deal for july

6) Haye says: let's do it!

7) Wlad says: definitely! but i want to keep busy so i'll take Chisora on april

8) Haye says: wtf?! I'm done with both of you K-bros! Because Haye would HAVE to defend against Chagaev in the mean time giving him even less time from recovery and preparation than Wlad and its already hardly anytime. Thats because he can stall his mandatory for a Unification fight with Wlad on the 2nd of July But it must be SIGNED and Wlad cant sign because he has a fight signed with Chisora already. Either that or he gets stripped and if thats the case he loses alot of bargaining power vs Wlad, and if the fight falls through he is ****ed and has no big money fight and no title either!

If so, what a fkn shambles this has turned out to be.

During the Mayweather fiasco, it was actually quite obvious what Arum was up to, but jeez I can't see what's going on here. I don't know what to think anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
      Because Haye would HAVE to defend against Chagaev in the mean time
      No he wouldn't, not if he signed now to fight either Wlad or Vitali in July. Which he could do - see here. He just doesn't want to.

In any case Chagaev would certainly have taken step aside money if that had really become necessary, like Ruiz did when Haye fought Valuev. The pretence that Haye had to fight Chagaev first is just a pathetic attempt by Haye's fans to convince themselves that he isn't ducking.

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
      giving him even less time from recovery and preparation than Wlad and its already hardly anytime.
      Quite apart from what I pointed out above, he gave no reason for not fighting Vitali in July, and he gave no reason for not fighting Wlad in September. He just wants to retire with his paper belt still round his waist and pretend to himself and his loyal nationalist fans that he was a great world champion, without ever fighting a single top 5 Heavyweight. He's already made a lot of money and making more clearly isn't his priority, and nor is having the respect of any boxing fans outside the UK. Avoiding a humiliating knock-out loss is his top priority at present.
      Last edited by Dave Rado; 01-08-2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
        No he wouldn't, not if he signed now to fight either Wlad or Vitali in July. Which he could do - see here. He just doesn't want to.

Aaaah OK, good one.

In any case Chagaev would certainly have taken step aside money if that had really become necessary, like Ruiz did when Haye fought Valuev. The pretence that Haye had to fight Chagaev first is just a pathetic attempt by Haye's fans to convince themselves that he isn't ducking.

Bottom line is, unless he is mandated you are right, he doesn't have to fight.

Quite apart from what I pointed out above, he gave no reason for not fighting Vitali in July, and he gave no reason for not fighting Wlad in September. He just wants to retire with his paper belt still round his waist and pretend to himself and his loyal nationalist fans that he was a great world champion, without ever fighting a single top 5 Heavyweight. He's already made a lot of money and making more clearly isn't his priority, and nor is having the respect of any boxing fans outside the UK. Avoiding a humiliating knock-out loss is his top priority at present.
        I know why he doesn't want Vitali

I bet you do too

We have discussed this heaps already, and I am starting to think that you could be right..... but it would still astound me if Haye walks away from a payday with Wlad.

I mean come on, you fkn well un-retire for a payday like that.

Comment

Working...
        X