No announcement yet.

Mayweather's fighting style is MORE fan friendly than Pacquiao's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
    Quite honestly,I've always found Manny "cherry" PICKuiao to be a pretty boring fighter.I can understand why others may like his style,but it just doesn't appeal to me.

I like boxers who actually pick their shots.You know,quality over quantity,precision over volume - that sort of thing,basically.
    pac is basically joe calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      pac is basically joe calzaghe.

Depends on your preference,I guess.

Calzaghe,to me,was very boring to watch for the most part.His fights were either relaxed,one-sided sparring sessions with overmatched opposition,for some ugly twelve rounder with non-stop holding from both sides.He had a couple of reasonably entertaining bouts,but quite boring to watch on a consistent basis.

PICKuiao hasn't been involved in a Kabary Salem or a David Starie-type fight.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
        Depends on your preference,I guess.

Calzaghe,to me,was very boring to watch for the most part.His fights were either relaxed,one-sided sparring sessions with overmatched opposition,for some ugly twelve rounder with non-stop holding from both sides.He had a couple of reasonably entertaining bouts,but quite boring to watch on a consistent basis.

PICKuiao hasn't been involved in a Kabary Salem or a David Starie-type fight.
        they both have ko's of the year though. pac over hatton and calzaghe over manfredo.

Comment

simple way to look at it:

floyd= pretty boring

pac= the most exciting fighter in the game

Comment

they both have ko's of the year though. pac over hatton and calzaghe over manfredo.
            2007 ko of the year was Donaire ko'ing Darchynian. Zags never had a ko of the year.

Comment

I guess there are rare cases where a runners style might be as entertaining
              as a boxer-punchers. Unfortunitely much of this Mayweather's best runs have been from big fights.

But if overlook the level of competition, Mayweather can be entertaining when he runs in the ring too.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
                To the average person, boxing is a barbaric sport where two uncivilised men try to render each other bloody and unconscious. People associate boxing with violence, long term brain damage and even death.

The way Pacquiao fights reinforced this ugly stereotype. He is a crude brawler looking to destroy and hunt down his opponents like prey. All people see is blood and violence. As a result this turns away many casual and potential fans from the wonderful sport of boxing.

Mayweather is an exception. He has shown that boxing can be beautiful. The subtle feints, accurate movements and the grace of a ballet dancer, his athleticism takes the sport to a whole new level.

Potential fans to the sport appreciate his skill levels and how he is able to outsmart his rivals. Mayweather can bring in many new fans to boxing - he is the face of out sport and we need him now more than ever to keep boxing alive.
                Another embarrassing ***** jackoff thread. :wank:

Comment

And you say you ain't a calzaghe hater daggum LMFAO ok dude , can you even post on boxingscene without mentioning calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by WALTER WHITE View Post
                    Wow, you are so dumb. You are really, really dumb. For real. The only reason why casual fans watch boxing is because of the blood and violence. Why do you think MMA is getting bigger and bigger? It's because casual viewers want to see a blood and guts fight. They want wars. Why do you think Ward-Gatti I, Corrales-Castillo I, Marquez-Vasquez were considered fights of the their respective years? It's all about excitement.

One of the main reasons why people buy Floyd's PPVs is because they want to see him lose.
                    Yep exactly. This guy must be delusional. Pac brings so much excitement into the ring that's why casual fans watch him and can't get enough of him. Most people watch Floyd because they wanna see him get his azz kicked. Most of his fights are boring technical fights especially last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      2007 ko of the year was Donaire ko'ing Darchynian. Zags never had a ko of the year.
                      daggum is being sarcastic.

calzaghe's tko of manfredo (like a lot in his career) was an early , unwarranted stoppage.

calzaghe was hitting pretty much gloves with an occassional clean shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X