No announcement yet.

Mayweather's fighting style is MORE fan friendly than Pacquiao's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather's fighting style is MORE fan friendly than Pacquiao's

To the average person, boxing is a barbaric sport where two uncivilised men try to render each other bloody and unconscious. People associate boxing with violence, long term brain damage and even death.

The way Pacquiao fights reinforced this ugly stereotype. He is a crude brawler looking to destroy and hunt down his opponents like prey. All people see is blood and violence. As a result this turns away many casual and potential fans from the wonderful sport of boxing.

Mayweather is an exception. He has shown that boxing can be beautiful. The subtle feints, accurate movements and the grace of a ballet dancer, his athleticism takes the sport to a whole new level.

Potential fans to the sport appreciate his skill levels and how he is able to outsmart his rivals. Mayweather can bring in many new fans to boxing - he is the face of out sport and we need him now more than ever to keep boxing alive.

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
    To the average person, boxing is a barbaric sport where two uncivilised men try to render each other bloody and unconscious. People associate boxing with violence, long term brain damage and even death.

The way Pacquiao fights reinforced this ugly stereotype. He is a crude brawler looking to destroy and hunt down his opponents like prey. All people see is blood and violence. As a result this turns away many casual and potential fans from the wonderful sport of boxing.

Mayweather is an exception. He has shown that boxing can be beautiful. The subtle feints, accurate movements and the grace of a ballet dancer, his athleticism takes the sport to a whole new level.

Potential fans to the sport appreciate his skill levels and how he is able to outsmart his rivals. Mayweather can bring in many new fans to boxing - he is the face of out sport and we need him now more than ever to keep boxing alive.
    This is obvious.......Mayweather is the PPV king and has sold more PPV's than Manny vs common opponents....

Floyd is sooooo boring and he runs sooooo much that more people buy his PPV's than the exciting Manny Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
      This is obvious.......Mayweather is the PPV king and has sold more PPV's than Manny vs common opponents....

Floyd is sooooo boring and he runs sooooo much that more people buy his PPV's than the exciting Manny Pacquiao
      The PPV buys demonstrate he is able to reach a wider audience and change the way people percieve boxing.

Comment

I would agree with you a if this thread was created a decade ago.

Current Floyd is boring and frustrating to watch for the casual masses.

I greatly admire his skills in the ring but it doesn't mean he is fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by flem1 View Post
          I would agree with you a if this thread was created a decade ago.

Current Floyd is boring and frustrating to watch for the casual masses.

I greatly admire his skills in the ring but it doesn't mean he is fun to watch.
          which is why he sells more PPV's and has the 2 highest NON HW PPV's of all time?

Comment

Bad thread

To the average person, action movies and slasher flix r nothing but ****, azz, blood, and guts being thrown at the screen.

And yet hundreds r made a year

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
              which is why he sells more PPV's and has the 2 highest NON HW PPV's of all time?

And I thought you were talking about him being more fan friendly to watch am i rite?

Floyd does what he do best which is play the villain which results to more interest in promoting a fight.

But watching him fight, ugh, can be frustrating especially to casual boxing fans who wants to see him lose.

As I said, you can admire his skills greatly but it doesn't mean he is fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
                Wow, you are so dumb. You are really, really dumb. For real. The only reason why casual fans watch boxing is because of the blood and violence. Why do you think MMA is getting bigger and bigger? It's because casual viewers want to see a blood and guts fight. They want wars. Why do you think Ward-Gatti I, Corrales-Castillo I, Marquez-Vasquez were considered fights of the their respective years? It's all about excitement.

One of the main reasons why people buy Floyd's PPVs is because they want to see him lose.

Comment

pacs action filled fights from round 1-12 are more fan freindly than mayweathers technical fights !!!!!

Comment

Oh FFS's and of course Jiddu had to agree

Comment

Working...
                    X