Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So does this make Joe Calzaghe's win over Hopkins look even better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Abstraction View Post
      You dont get credit for facing a 43 year old Hopkins and 40 year old RJJ when their old

Pavlik and Pascal faced BHOP the first change they got.

Calzaghe had a "Fear of Flying" which is why he never went outside the UK,

Funny he overcame his "Fear" when RJJ and Hopkins were going to retire because they couldn't even get another fight.

BTW, many had Hopkins winning against Calzaghe anyway.
      So it cant look "better", when it was not even good in the first place lol

By that logic, Kevin Mcbride > Tyson > Larry Holmes > Ali
      how do you know calz avoided both these guys? how can you say anybody avoids anybody when you arent behind the scenes dealing with the politics in boxing??? how do you know this? do you have VALID proof calzaghe avoided both jones and hopkins back then? or for that matter the people who say bhop and rjj avoided him... do they have proof? hell no, nobody knows, so why do people who have NO CLUE about what goes on behind the scenes with politics in boxing say they they know this guy or this guy avoided fighting this guy... just stupid...

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
        I think it just shows how good Calzaghe is. Hopkins ended up schooling Pavlik and Pascal after that loss.
        People hate on calzaghe but he was a very good fighter.

He barely beat hopkins. people say hopkins was out of his prime but calzaghe wasnt in his prime either closer than to it than hopkins. The honest truth if you compare calzaghe super middle weight reign to hopkins reign i dont see much difference between them. bhops has got two great names in tito and oscar but those are welters that moved up. beside those two names bhops and calzaghe reign in their respective division are comparable but bhop should get the edge because he does have a win over glen johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
          Actually, they refused to fight him.

Correction: They refused to fight him in Cardiff, Wales.

They were at their Prime, and the big Money Makers.

Only one place you're going to make money, that's MGM.

Nobody would pass an opportunity like that to face a challenger in his back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Who are you? View Post
            Hopkins against Calzaghe was not a robbery

Hopkisn was outlanded 2-to-1 accoridng to compubox

Take a second and think about that.

How can you win a fight, if you're outlanded 2-to-1?

The statistics in that fight were mind numbing

I thought it was the worst performance of Hopkins career and I thought he just could not deal with speed & output of Calz

Calz schooled him

I had that fight about 9 rounds to 3 in favour of Joe, mind you, there is an extra point to Bernard for a knockdown.
            because the stats were wrong? calzaghe hardly landing anything while hopkins lands hard counters you didn't even see.

watch this whole series to see who was really schooled.

Comment

Maybe.........but it really has to do with Pascal being overrated, or just not being THAT good...

Dawson didn't fight the first 7-8 rounds against Pascal and as soon as he turned it up, Pascal did what he did tonight...retreat or hold and lower his punch output...

Never scored Calzaghe/Hop but I thought Joe won...such an ugly fight...BS lowblows and Calaghe's pitty pat

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                That was a robbery too but more people sided with Calzaghe cuz he's white.

Also, Europe is less hated than Canada. Canada is basically like a crappier version of Europe.
                agreed Hopkins beat Calzaghe IMO but it was very close

watch the video in my sig

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  because the stats were wrong? calzaghe hardly landing anything while hopkins lands hard counters you didn't even see.

watch this whole series to see who was really schooled.

you have WAY too much time on your hands dude... your obsessed with somebody you seem to hate... weird

Comment

Hopkins got robbed against that fraud. You shouldn't get credit for hitting a guy on his shoulders and arms. And that's what compubox credited Calzaghe with. I know busted up faces sometimes isn't what determines a fight, but Hopkins didn't have a mark on him. Took that dude to school and made him retire with Kessler being the only respectable win on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Abstraction View Post
                      Correction: They refused to fight him in Cardiff, Wales.

They were at their Prime, and the big Money Makers.

Only one place you're going to make money, that's MGM.

Nobody would pass an opportunity like that to face a challenger in his back yard.
                      Correction: Hopkins turned down the fight in America.

Comment

Working...
                      X