Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So does this make Joe Calzaghe's win over Hopkins look even better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice how Hopkins has won/Drawn his last 4 fights against very decent opponents.

The whole excuse that Joe was picking on an elderly man died tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Abstraction View Post
      Correction: They refused to fight him in Cardiff, Wales.

They were at their Prime, and the big Money Makers.

Only one place you're going to make money, that's MGM.

Nobody would pass an opportunity like that to face a challenger in his back yard.
      There is no correction.

They refused to fight him.

lol the only place to make money.

Do you even know how big the boxing crowds are outside of america?

They dwarf anything at the MGM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
        Hopkins got robbed against that fraud. You shouldn't get credit for hitting a guy on his shoulders and arms. And that's what compubox credited Calzaghe with. I know busted up faces sometimes isn't what determines a fight, but Hopkins didn't have a mark on him. Took that dude to school and made him retire with Kessler being the only respectable win on his resume.
        Last I checked, those are parts of the body above the belt line.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
          Notice how Hopkins has won/Drawn his last 4 fights against very decent opponents.

The whole excuse that Joe was picking on an elderly man died tonight.
          Hopkins was the legitimate light heavyweight champion at the time. Its just an excuse. Its always been a very good win if not a good performance by Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
            I think it just shows how good Calzaghe is. Hopkins ended up schooling Pavlik and Pascal after that loss.
            wait wait wait.....wait a bloody eyed minute.

the basic matter of it all is that you CAN NOT try to piggie back off of hopkins greatness in favor of calzaghe. calzaghe is no where NEAR to hopkins. hopkins is still fighting while calzaghe is retired even till this day for goodness sakes. calzaghe goes neck & neck with a out of prime b hop (which i had him losing that fight anyway lol) & now calzaghe deserves credit because hop schooled pavlik & pascal? how should calzaghe get credit when calzaghe didn't even really beat a out of prime hopkins HIMSELF! calzaghe was the only man down & hurt in that bout. even through it all. hopkins LITERALLY begged calzaghe for a rematch but joe refused. thats because joe knew he lost their first fight & was made to look like a amateur. he wanted NO MORE. again. HOW IN THE HELL DOES CALZAGHE DESERVE ANY CREDIT FOR HOPKINS BEING AS GREAT AS HE IS?

if hopkins beats pascal & pavlik thats HOPKINS accomplishments not calzaghes. calzaghe was also schooled by hopkins and refused a rematch.
            Last edited by americanbot; 12-19-2010, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
              No damage done though. I can't give the fight to a guy who never once hurt his opponent and took clean counter shots to the chops. I don't like Calzaghe because I think he's an overrated twat. But even if I didn't have that opinion I could sit down and look at that fight and say Hopkins won it and it wasn't close. Even if he did fall over and make a big deal about low blows in that one round.

Calzaghe letting Hopkins go on and fight Pavlik when everybody wanted Joe to fight him says it all about Calzaghe's lack of confidence to fight an elite prime fighter after that fight.

Comment

the 2 judges who scored the fight for calzaghe deserve more credit than calzaghe for winning that fight. all 3 of them hit hopkins about the same number of times.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
                  # You cannot hit with an open glove, the inside of the glove, the wrist, the backhand, or the side of the hand. well calzaghe is DQ'd in every single fight.

# You cannot punch your opponent's back, or the back of his head or neck (rabbit punch), or on the kidneys (kidney punch). well that drops calzaghe's landed "punches" from 220 to about 10

Comment

Hopkins fought scared against Calzaghe LOL, Hopkins was backing up against a slapper now why is that? And then they had the nerve to say in the corner "keep walking him down"...yeah right.

Calzaghe easily would beat Pascal, Dawson, AND Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
                      Hopkins fought scared against Calzaghe LOL, Hopkins was backing up against a slapper now why is that? And then they had the nerve to say in the corner "keep walking him down"...yeah right.

Calzaghe easily would beat Pascal, Dawson, AND Ward.
                      heavy duty TRLOLLING.

Comment

Working...
                      X