Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So does this make Joe Calzaghe's win over Hopkins look even better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So does this make Joe Calzaghe's win over Hopkins look even better?

I think it just shows how good Calzaghe is. Hopkins ended up schooling Pavlik and Pascal after that loss.

I thought Calzaghe schooled Bernard.

Calzaghe outlanded Bernard 2-to-1, Bernard was unable to deal with Calzaghe's speed & punch output.

Calzaghe really solidified his greatness over Bernard (as well as his other wins)

Comment

well, calzaghe as much as everyone hates on him didnt go 46-0 for nothing... guy was a really good boxer... and to be honest, i thought he had hopkins totally frustrated in that fight, thats why bernard was going on with all of his shenanigans like acting like his nuts got chopped off when calz barely hit him below the belt.. either way that was a really close fight... i think calz kinda made bhop look bad though when he resorted to those little tactics..

Comment

Originally posted by Flo_Raiden View Post
        So does this make Joe Calzaghe's win over Hopkins look even better?.
        That was a robbery too but more people sided with Calzaghe cuz he's white.

Also, Europe is less hated than Canada. Canada is basically like a crappier version of Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
          That was a robbery too but more people sided with Calzaghe cuz he's white.

Also, Europe is less hated than Canada. Canada is basically like a crappier version of Europe.
          oh lord, pulling the race card, here we go lol... why cant people just accept that a fighter is great or good regardless of race? i dont get it... were all humans

Comment

You dont get credit for facing a 43 year old Hopkins and 40 year old RJJ when their old

Pavlik and Pascal faced BHOP the first change they got.

Calzaghe had a "Fear of Flying" which is why he never went outside the UK,

Funny he overcame his "Fear" when RJJ and Hopkins were going to retire because they couldn't even get another fight.

BTW, many had Hopkins winning against Calzaghe anyway.
            So it cant look "better", when it was not even good in the first place lol

By that logic, Kevin Mcbride > Tyson > Larry Holmes > Ali

Comment

hopkins is a cry baby always crying robbery

Comment

Hopkins against Calzaghe was not a robbery

Hopkisn was outlanded 2-to-1 accoridng to compubox

Take a second and think about that.

How can you win a fight, if you're outlanded 2-to-1?

The statistics in that fight were mind numbing

I thought it was the worst performance of Hopkins career and I thought he just could not deal with speed & output of Calz

Calz schooled him

I had that fight about 9 rounds to 3 in favour of Joe, mind you, there is an extra point to Bernard for a knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Abstraction View Post
                  You dont get credit for facing a 43 year old Hopkins and 40 year old RJJ when their old

Pavlik and Pascal faced BHOP the first change they got.

Calzaghe had a "Fear of Flying" which is why he never went outside the UK,

Funny he overcame his "Fear" when RJJ and Hopkins were going to retire because they couldn't even get another fight.

BTW, many had Hopkins winning against Calzaghe anyway.
                  So it cant look "better", when it was not even good in the first place lol

By that logic, Kevin Mcbride > Tyson > Larry Holmes > Ali
                  Actually, they refused to fight him.

Comment

no because i had calzaghe losing that fight only to get a SD gift from the judges.....

hopkins is the TRUE ATG.
                    Last edited by americanbot; 12-19-2010, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X