Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins The Bantam Tourney? Agbeko or Mares?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    LOL @ Rican mad cuz Mares beat Juanma Lopez in the amateurs...

FFS's get over it man it was the amateurs. The pro game is different and Lopez is a much bigger fighter now. Just rest easy knowing that Lopez could beat Mares now if they fought at 126.

I swear I don't know why some Puerto Ricans hold grudges like bitches.
    Is that the stick up his a$$?

That's pathetic.

And I like Lopez.

He needs to move the **** on.

Comment

Anselmo Moreno FTW

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
        Is that the stick up his a$$?

That's pathetic.

And I like Lopez.

He needs to move the **** on.
        Yea man exactly.

And, I am big Lopez fan too but yea move on it was amateurs...

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
          i think Vic was thrown off by Mares eating his vaunted straight left like it was a tic-tac
          It was a little bit of both in my opinion. Mares is the future of the Bantamweight division. He has alot of potential, wth that said I feel like he needs to hook back up with Nacho. Abner has gotten sloppy with that mediocre trainer he now has...not good for him at all. If he don't get back with Nacho or reunites with Floyd Sr, he should get with Roach or Stewart, if not he may end up having a few L's on his record soon.

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
            Its a shame because it would seem that Donaire if he beats Montiel will go straight to 122.

I'm doing a lot wondering.

But what if Montiel had been in the tourney instead of Perez or Vic?
            I think Montiel beats all four of them including Donaire
            Montiel is fast strong and comes up with perfect game plans
            and has a awsome chin what ever wins Donaire has none comare to
            Montiels win over Hasegawa

Comment

I thought Mares pulled it out last night, 114-112. I think it's reasonable to have Vic ahead though.

Give Vic credit though, he fought a smart fight, he clinched and tied up Mares most of the time when he was cornered or on the ropes, which limited Mares' success; when Mares did have him trapped, he did some really nice work. He was also slipping Mares' right hand a lot.

Vic's awkward southpaw style looked like it put Mares off a bit. Plus, I thought Mares looked too sloppy at times. Part of that was due to Vic and part of it was down to Mares. Against Agbeko, he'd be faced with a more orthodox opponent.

I haven't seen all of Agbeko-Perez yet, so I'll refrain from making a prediction. From what I saw and have read, Agbeko fought a very good technical fight. If that's the case, I expect a good, close fight.
              Last edited by Shadows; 12-12-2010, 08:48 PM.

Comment

if agbeko decides to box like he did last night he beats mares easy.

he basically fought perez how vic fought mares but at a much higher level (stamina & consistency wise)

Comment

mares by one point. I must admit I was surprised that the 3 press row guys they showed all had either a draw (Doug fisher) or Vic winning.

Vic needed more body work and to be busier in general. Mares seemed to dictate the fight. But just thinking that I had it a draw if Vic wasn't off balance on that ******ed kd means I had the fight damn close.

I really like agbeko to win the tourney. He's a pretty physically imposting 118lb dude and I think he's the fastest fighter with the best range, balance. and footwork.

Comment

Got to go with Mares, he simply has more tools. Speed, combination punching, can slug or box and a good chin. He didn't fold by a cut and a knock down in the begining of the fight.

Comment

Agbeko is just one of those unsung fighters who never gets his credit. I'm taking King Kong and I'm not thinking twice.

Comment

Working...
                      X