Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins The Bantam Tourney? Agbeko or Mares?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wins The Bantam Tourney? Agbeko or Mares?

...seems like there are enough threads about the HBO card and not too many about Showtime's card

Vic-Mares: that was a very entertaining fight...its the first time i've seen Vic actually try to box and set up his punches and not just wing that straight left...GREAT show of heart from Abner as he showed his resolve and tenacity in getting back into that fight

personally, i wouldn't have had a problem with that fight being declared a draw (it would have been interesting to see how Showtime would have adjusted the format if there was a draw)...it was more draw-worthy than the Ortiz-Peterson fight...i thought Drakulich was gonna stop it early...Victor kinda waned but i thought he did enough....

but as it was, Abner got the nod and congrats to him

Perez-Agbeko: i dont know about you guys but Joseph Agbeko lived up to his name last night...he took control of that fight...used superior speed, and kept working...Yonnhy Perez looked a little shopworn last night but he still put out a great effot

that fight was a pleasure to watch...both guys kept busy, there were MINIMAL clinches...no dirty boxing...just two high quality fighters laying it out on the line...but Agbeko showed his mettle more than earned his finals berth

so with that, we have Mares-Agbeko...who do you guys think will win?

please vote and discuss
    Mares
    45.00%
    Agbeko
    55.00%

Agbecko

Not only does he win but he possible beats Donaire & Montiel if they fight after the tourney is over.

Comment

I would have to go with Agbeko too. I like Mares but Agbeko seems better on so many levels.

Comment

I actually missed the Agbeko/Perez fight.

But I like Mares and will be rooting for him. I thought he should've got the close decision against Perez the first time. And it wouldn't be surprising to see Perez start a decline right now (starting with last night) as his skills aren't exactly extraordinary and his relentless style is one that'll have an expiration date. Whereas Mares has impressed me with his speed, combination punching and poise for such a young fighter. Also, for those who saw last night's fight, we can now say he definitely has a chin too.

With that said, I haven't seen enough of Agbeko to favor one or the other. I just know I'll be watching some of Agbeko before the fight, but I'm sure I'll still be rooting for Mares.

Comment

Is an interesting, a tough fight.

I was impressed with Agbeko performance last night. I thought he had the best performance out of any fighter who fought last night.

I think Mares has hinds full with Agbeko, and it will be 3 tough fights in a row for Mares. We will see how he handles it...

I don't know who to pick TBH, I am kind of leaning towards Agbeko...But, Mares is a damn good fighter himself. All I know is going to be a damn good fight and I can't wait.

Comment

I got Agbeko.

Comment

I got Mares winning a SD.

I think Mares was thrown off by Vic's awkard style.

Though I wouldn't be shocked to see Agbeko win it.

Hes a beast.

Comment

I like Agbeko in this fight if we are basing it off of how well both fighters fought last night.

Could end up much different, Mares may not have looked as good because of Vic's awkward southpaw style.

Comment

what do you guys think Showtime would have done if Vic-Mares was declared a draw?

have a rematch while Agbeko waits?

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
                    I got Mares winning a SD.

I think Mares was thrown off by Vic's awkard style.

Though I wouldn't be shocked to see Agbeko win it.

Hes a beast.

i think Vic was thrown off by Mares eating his vaunted straight left like it was a tic-tac

Comment

Working...
                    X