No announcement yet.

HBO Commentator Jim Lampley Truly Makes Me Sick

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fightingfigs View Post
    I agree, I met him in public and he was a complete snobbish dick. I think the only credible commentator is emmanuel steward.
    Kellerman is fair minded also.....Steward is excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      If you're referring to Lampley's pro Cotto bias it was even worse for the Margarito fight. Margarito was obviously doing damage early but all Lampley saw was Cotto. His blow by blow call in that fight was atrocious.
      Lampley is all over Cotto's ****, but his biggest man crush ever is Barrera.

My god would he slob all over Marco's knob.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinson. View Post
        The use of "simples" is taken from this:

Don't comment about people's language without any prior knowledge of socio-cultural input. Par.

The other night during the Marquez fight when Jim said how some boxing fans (sure he's refering to us) believe Marquez beat Pacquiao, then put a really smug laugh on and then said... I don't. As if to imply he has the final word... I thought that was annoying. It's only a small thing, but he's meant to be impartial. I'd like to backhand him now.

Better than Larry Merchant. Watch the Shane v Collazo fight...

"a tattoo guy against a moustache guy"....

...leading expert right there.
        that comment during the marquez fight bothered me too. but at there are other commentators, not that i agree with all of them they all have opinions that i don't agree with. i believe on the replay of marquez paquiao II kellerman and poppa both agreed that they marquez won the second fight and maybe even the first fight. so its nice to know that they aren't alway on the same page. but all these guys are being paid by hbo and if they intend to keep their jobs theres really only so much they can say before they cross the line. thers a lot of politics in boxing and it sucks sometimes. but i have always thought hbo usually has some of the best fights.

Comment

Originally posted by LoStranger View Post
          Kellerman is fair minded also.....Steward is excellent
          Kellerman is *****.

Steward says every fighter is fighting the "perfect fight" after about 15 seconds of the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Kellerman is *****.

Steward says every fighter is fighting the "perfect fight" after about 15 seconds of the first round.
            Kellerman is good never seen the guy cheerlead and always tires to be critical and fair (i especially enjoyed his analysis of the pacman vs mayweather drug scandal

Comment

lampley >>> any other current sports commentator.

deal w/ it.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
                hahaha.. personally i love lampley. it's not a big fight without him.

Comment

Lampley's ok, but Col Bob Sheridan>Lampley

Comment

Originally posted by LoStranger View Post
                    Kellerman is good never seen the guy cheerlead and always tires to be critical and fair (i especially enjoyed his analysis of the pacman vs mayweather drug scandal
                    Never seen him cheerlead?

He called Paul Williams a combination of Hearns, Chavez and Sweet Pea.

He said Devon Alexander was the natural successor to Mayweather as P4P before he got embarrassed by Kotelnik.

He said Roy Jones was making Calzaghe look like an old Tito Trinidad.

Need i go on?

Comment

you can literally tell by the way he talks about certain fighters that lampley is a puppet for higher powers

Comment

Working...
                      X