No announcement yet.

HBO Commentator Jim Lampley Truly Makes Me Sick

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO Commentator Jim Lampley Truly Makes Me Sick

this cocksucker is easily the worst cheerleader I've come across...... his bias is disgusting as hell

dont watch HBO then. simples.

Comment

simples...really...i mean it's a word and all but...

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      dont watch HBO then. simples.
      Don't comment if you don't know how to use an adjective. simple.

Yeah Jimmy is uber bias, but you have to ask yourself why?

It's because it draws in fans that don't know anything about boxing, and gives them an opinion. Not a valid opinion, but and opinion none the less. But you know your smarter than when he's selling.

Just ignore 'em or with the wonders of technology, take a commercial break.

Comment

no person in the world is not biased. sometimes commentators hype up fighters because it makes for better viewing, they like exaggerating stuff to get people excited.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post

It's because it draws in fans that don't know anything about boxing, and gives them an opinion. Not a valid opinion, but and opinion none the less. But you know your smarter than when he's selling.

The use of "simples" is taken from this:

Don't comment about people's language without any prior knowledge of socio-cultural input. Par.

The other night during the Marquez fight when Jim said how some boxing fans (sure he's refering to us) believe Marquez beat Pacquiao, then put a really smug laugh on and then said... I don't. As if to imply he has the final word... I thought that was annoying. It's only a small thing, but he's meant to be impartial. I'd like to backhand him now.

Better than Larry Merchant. Watch the Shane v Collazo fight...

"a tattoo guy against a moustache guy"....

...leading expert right there.

Comment

Originally posted by hypodermical View Post
            no person in the world is not biased. sometimes commentators hype up fighters because it makes for better viewing, they like exaggerating stuff to get people excited.
            This is true. Sometimes it amounts to a dumbed down version of WWE though.

Comment

jim lampley is more of a sensationalist rather, imo. the only clear cut biased guy with an agenda on that panel is merchant lol. kellerman has a man love on marquez too but he's definitely not as bad as merchant.
              Last edited by John Barron; 12-04-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post

I hope you will stop trying to rectify other peoples mistakes and concentrate on your own from now on. Thank you.

Comment

Dude is just maketing what HBO wants him to market. He says that guys are landing punches and dominating when in reality, the fight is very, very close. He gets excited when the HBO hyped fighter lands something meaningful...he is just selling the product to the casual fan. You hear that annoying song on the radio and you hate it at first, after hearing nothing but praise about the song and hearing it repeated non-stop on the radio, you begin to think it is actually a good song.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinson. View Post
                    The use of "simples" is taken from this:

Don't comment about people's language without any prior knowledge of socio-cultural input. Par.

The other night during the Marquez fight when Jim said how some boxing fans (sure he's refering to us) believe Marquez beat Pacquiao, then put a really smug laugh on and then said... I don't. As if to imply he has the final word... I thought that was annoying. It's only a small thing, but he's meant to be impartial. I'd like to backhand him now.

Better than Larry Merchant. Watch the Shane v Collazo fight...

"a tattoo guy against a moustache guy"....

...leading expert right there.
                    ugh... so your "socio cultural input" is equated to a, a gofer, no wait a mercat with an accent. That's your fact... It is a commercial right?

So you let marketing shape your opinions?

I think it's cute how he uses it. His intelligence on the matter at hand in contrast with his yet to grasp the English language. Very nice. I didn't say it wasn't a word, I said in context of the sentence it made no sense further detracting from his initial statement.

I, However I do agree with your point.

For the sake of boxing, maybe it's a good thing, it get's people talking. But for the sake of... lets say FOX news...My word... Facts tend to go straight out the window, and Joe blow who pumps your gas takes rain... they never seem to ask why Joe blow is pumping gas and not running the country.

Comment

Working...
                    X