No announcement yet.

Just Watched Calzaghe vs Hopkins again with my eyes open

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    you know what...this thread sucks...you got a delusional hopkins fan on here with edited tapes that clearly sensationalize that crappy performance of nard, still crying about how he was robbed...pure garbage
    edited tapes? a comprehensive breakdown of every punch thrown in the fight=edited tapes? you just can't believe what you are seeing and you think it's trick editing because hopkins is outclassing calzaghe so badly. you only think it's edited in hopkins favor but it's edited toward reality and in reality hopkins did better. how many slow motion replays do you need to show you that calzaghe wasn't landing anything? you don't care you will let your emotions get the better of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clint650 View Post
      i think the right man won that night. Calzaghe wins in a rematch i think too. hopkins rarely gets hurt, and i think Calzaghe had him against the ropes in most rounds and was not only setting the pace but making it more of his fight than hopkins made it more of his. how can you reward a fighter who's only success in a fight was making it an ugly affair. just because hopkins can make some fighters not look their best doesnt mean HE was whooping them or them
      once again i have to urge you to actually watch the video series before spitting out a stream of platitudes about how he outworked him or made it his fight etc....how you make it your fight while getting outlanded in clean shots i'll never know. i guess hatton was dominating mayweather then. this is what i've been trying to get across. the appearance of doing something doesn't mean you are actually doing it. it's fools gold. hopkins won the fight based on the rules of boxing. calzaghe won based on emotion.
      Last edited by daggum; 12-04-2010, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
        edited tapes? a comprehensive breakdown of every punch thrown in the fight=edited tapes? you just can't believe what you are seeing and you think it's trick editing because hopkins is outclassing calzaghe so badly. you only think it's edited in hopkins favor but it's edited toward reality and in reality hopkins did better. how many slow motion replays do you need to show you that calzaghe wasn't landing anything? you don't care you will let your emotions get the better of you.
        dude, djtmal will always be against you and ANYTHING pro hopkins, whether you're a hopkins fan or not, he doesn't care about facts, only what his opinion is, there are some thread on other topics that i agreed with him on, but for when it comes to hopkins, djtmal doesn't want to hear anything, unless it trashing him.

so debating with this djtmal about hopkins and the facts surrounding the fight are futile. like a lot of people in all walks of life, if they don't like something and believe it to be true, whether it is or not, they will never see anything in a different light.

me myself, i've tried scoring the fight in calzaghe's favor, more than once to make a case for argument sake, but i see too many subtleties of hopkins hitting calzaghe more cleanly, harder, and with more sneaky shots, all of which landed on scoring areas, whereas i saw too many of calzaghe shots landing on shoulders, back, back of the head, and low blows. and the ones that he did land in scoring areas, i scored for him, but i wasn't counting all those others as scoring shots, sorry fellas, thats not how you score a fight.

and compubox is the biggest joke out there, i called shenanigans on them a long time ago, and especially after the hopkins calzaghe fight, i saw it live, and watched dozens of times, again for argument sake between and boxingscene delusionals.

it;s all fun in the sun but the fact of the matter is, daggum, pointed out the flaws and the injustices of compubox, which is an easily manipulated tool which with a biased announcing team can be used to easily shape and form peoples opinion. hell, it might as well been fox news, cnn, or, msnbc who was calling the fight and showing all the data, kind of like when they were giving the world info about weapons of mass destruction...........

bottom line, daggum did a great job in pointing out the uselessness to judge a CLOSE fight off of compubox numbers, unless its a landsilde and you can see clearly that one guy is outlanding the other, in calzaghes case vs cagey fighter, compubox is pointless and worthless. and like daggum pointed out the fight was the establishment vs hopkins, i bet had hopkins not made the white boy comment, the judging would've been different.

me and my friends met vinny pazienza that night at planet hollywood and he said the exact same thing, had hopkins not said the white boy comments, the scoring would've been in his favor, and as paz continued to say, the establishment is "white!!!". those were from a guy who knows a thing or two about the innards of how the establishment in boxing works....... just sayin.

and i'm not cracking on djtaml, i just know he's hopkins denier numero uno!
        Last edited by deuce_drop; 12-04-2010, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
          how can you honestly say calzaghe won if you watch the fight closely? yea he threw a bunch of punches that missed but if you look closely he was getting countered over and over again. stop getting fooled by all the calzaghe flair. appearing to do something is not the same as actually doing it. hopkins landed the cleaner punches and made calzaghe miss. why would you lose a fight if you do that? "faking low blows" isn't a scoring criteria remember.

here's actual evidence that calzaghe lost but watch out you might have to open your eyes and use your brain for once instead of being hypnotized by the windmill slap furries.

after watching this there is no possible way you can say calzaghe deserved to win. the judges were fooled by ineffective aggression and a pro calzaghe crowd that went crazy every time he threw. calzaghe knows he lost that fight. look at enzo in the corner, look at joe's face during the decision, look at his remarks after the fight about never fighting hopkins again.
          I re-watched this fight for this first time in years and I agree with you that Hopkins won. I scored it 115-112 and gave Hopkins rounds 1,2,3,4,6,7,10. Calzaghe landed more punches but Hopkins was landing the harder cleaner punchers for most of the fight. The best part was at the end of round 7 when Joe came in with a flurry of his girly slap punches and Bernard clocked him with a hard counter right hand. Calzaghe won the compubox numbers but not the fight.

Comment

• I thought Slop was unlucky not to get the nod in this one.

That said, I did think Slapsie perhaps got a legit body KD when Hop was tired, that he pretended was low, so how that would have affected the cards I don't know.

But I sat there scoring it, and I realised the real loser in that fight was anyone who watched it.

Comment

• Daggum been a crybaby for a long time now

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Daggum been a crybaby for a long time now
                we never change do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                  I re-watched this fight for this first time in years and I agree with you that Hopkins won. I scored it 115-112 and gave Hopkins rounds 1,2,3,4,6,7,10. Calzaghe landed more punches but Hopkins was landing the harder cleaner punchers for most of the fight. The best part was at the end of round 7 when Joe came in with a flurry of his girly slap punches and Bernard clocked him with a hard counter right hand. Calzaghe won the compubox numbers but not the fight.
                  well he really didn't. i mean like literally he wasn't landing and was hitting air or gloves. also i think that was round 8. a round where nothing much happened then hopkins almost knocks calzaghe down but i guess thats a calzaghe round to some people? it was the perfect example of quality vs non quantity(since he wasnt really landing)

Comment

• also the original videos that i used as my proof have since been removed so i just look like a nutter making claims i can't back up oh well

Comment

• 115-112 B-Hop.

Always felt Robin Reid was shafted vs Joe also.

Comment

Working...
                      X