No announcement yet.

Just Watched Calzaghe vs Hopkins again with my eyes open

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
    terrible comparison. hagler and leonard were both landing punches. it's personal preference which guy to give the round to. in the hopkins-calzaghe fight only hopkins was landing the clean punches. in hagler-leonard you can choose who's punches you liked better but in hopkins-calzaghe the only choice you have is should i give the round to the guy landing punches or the guy not landing punches but throwing a lot? a very easy choice to most but apparently it's not since so many people are impressed with the wild swings and misses.
    YOU personally feel nard was the only fighter landing punches...the rest of the world saw calzaghe outlanding him at least 5 to 1 because of the high volume, and even hopkins fans admit that he totally gassed in the late rounds, and worst of all, faked like lowblows hurt him to catch a breather...2 out of the 3 judges saw calzaghe outlanding him, compubox had calzaghe landing more punches on nard than jones.....hopkins admitted himself in the postfight interview that calzaghe was landing 2 or 3 out of the 7 or 8 that he was throwing at a time...so give it a break will ya he lost...

damn hopkins fans are the worst

Comment

• could have went either way IMO wouldn't have argued.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
        And what the hell are you, a Calzaghe fan? At least there is a reason to celebrate Hopkins. Calzaghe wasn't man enough to come fight the best in America until Americas best was too damn old to beat him. What a real hero he is, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
          YOU personally feel nard was the only fighter landing punches...the rest of the world saw calzaghe outlanding him at least 5 to 1 because of the high volume[/B], and even hopkins fans admit that he totally gassed in the laterounds, and worst of all, faked like lowblows hurt him to catch a breather...2 out of the 3 judges saw calzaghe outlanding him, compubox had calzaghe landing more punches on nard than jones.....hopkins admitted himself in the postfight interview that calzaghe was landing 2 or 3 out of the 7 or 8 that he was throwing at a time...so give it a break will ya he lost...

you clearly didn't watch the videos. it shows how calzaghe was not landing and how compubox was clearly wrong. if you want to keep clinging to falsehoods that's fine by me. all i provided was evidence it's up to you to use it or ignore it. you chose the latter.

if you listen to the whole interview without taking it out of context he says they weren't landing cleanly like you would think they are. meaning they were landing on his shoulders, back, and back of the head. not real scoring punches.
          Last edited by daggum; 12-04-2010, 02:35 PM.

Comment

fights are scored on ring generalship, clean punching, effective agression and defense. hopkins won in nearly every category for at least 7 rounds. yeah you can make up your own rules and have calzaghe winning but that's not boxing then.

and what do you mean he threw and did so little compared? compared to calzaghe he did a lot more. isn't that all he has to do to win the fight?
            1. How can you argue Hopkins was in control of the ring for starters. The majority of the fight he was pressured against the ropes.

2. Hopkins did land good right hands and counter punches, about 2 a round though. Calzaghe's punches weren't as clean but he outworked him and landed more. So Calzaghe wins in this department.

3. Calzaghe was the aggressor, how can you say different. Hopkins was pressured to the ropes and Calzaghe was constantly moving in on him to land his punches.

4. Hopkins defence was good but as the fight went on, Calzaghe found his flow and didn't get hit by many punches. He also covered up well when he needed too.

It was a close fight, but Calzaghe did enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by toysale View Post
              1. How can you argue Hopkins was in control of the ring for starters. The majority of the fight he was pressured against the ropes.

2. Hopkins did land good right hands and counter punches, about 2 a round though. Calzaghe's punches weren't as clean but he outworked him and landed more. So Calzaghe wins in this department.

3. Calzaghe was the aggressor, how can you say different.
              Hopkins was pressured to the ropes and Calzaghe was constantly moving in on him to land his punches.

4. Hopkins defence was good but as the fight went on, Calzaghe found his flow and didn't get hit by many punches. He also covered up well when he needed too.

It was a close fight, but Calzaghe did enough.
              1. when you can circle around the ring, walk your opponent into punches, tie him up and not get hit in return i would say you are in control more so than your opponent. touching the ropes doesn't mean you are automatically losing. do you think hatton was beating mayweather? calzaghe did better in the 2nd half for sure but boxing is scored round by round and hopkins won 5 out of the first 6 without a doubt. in some of the rounds in the 2nd half you could say he was the general but in the first half he was just following hopkins around getting hit.

2. completely false. calzaghe landed more? please watch the videos first before repeating these falsehoods. they show how calzaghe missed virtually everything while getting hit with sneaky punches you probably didn't even see. hopkins clearly won the clean punches category do not listen to compubox watch the videos. missing and grazing shots to the back of the head hardly count. hopkins outlanded calzaghe in clean punches in at least 7 rounds or more. watch the video series it's not debatable.

3. there is no judging criteria called agression. it's called effective aggression and that was the worst display of effective aggression i've ever seen. he missed virtually everything he threw meanwhile hopkins picked his shots much better. in every exchane hopkins was the one landing cleanly. that is effective.

4. hopkins clearly wins defense he only got hit a couple times cleanly the entire fight.
              Last edited by daggum; 12-04-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• I miss Calslappy, it's a shame he never made a ring return, he would have Lacey'D, Frward.

Comment

1. when you can circle around the ring, walk your opponent into punches, tie him up and not get hit in return i would say you are in control more so than your opponent. touching the ropes doesn't mean you are automatically losing.

2. completely false. calzaghe landed more? please watch the videos first before repeating these falsehoods. they show how calzaghe missed virtually everything while getting hit with sneaky punches you probably didn't even see. hopkins clearly won the clean punches category do not listen to compubox watch the videos. missing and grazing shots to the back of the head hardly count.

3. there is no judging criteria called agression. it's called effective aggression and that was the worst display of effective aggression i've ever seen. he missed virtually everything he threw meanwhile hopkins picked his shots much better. nearly every time hopkins threw he landed.

4. hopkins clearly wins defense and yes calzaghe did better in the last 4 rounds because hopkins was tired but this was a 12 round fight. doing good in the 2nd half doesn't erase the first half where he was dominated.
                  Well the agression must have been effective otherwise Hopkins wouldn't have faked a low blow.

He was connecting with his punches, he did hit him more than Hopkins hit Calzaghe and he pushed the fight.

Calzaghe took centre ring and forced him to the ropes; you don't lose a round because you touch the ropes, but he couldn't go anywhere else.

And I'm not watching a bias video made by Hopkins fans showcasing every punch Hopkins landed on repeat.

Your entitled to your opinion but I don't see how Hopkins won this fight. Again, it was close, but Calzaghe did more.

Comment

• hopkins just got outworked. but it was a weak fight and calzagee has little power and never had hopkins hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by toysale View Post
                      Well the agression must have been effective otherwise Hopkins wouldn't have faked a low blow.

He was connecting with his punches, he did hit him more than Hopkins hit Calzaghe and he pushed the fight.

Calzaghe took centre ring and forced him to the ropes; you don't lose a round because you touch the ropes, but he couldn't go anywhere else.

And I'm not watching a bias video made by Hopkins fans showcasing every punch Hopkins landed on repeat.

Your entitled to your opinion but I don't see how Hopkins won this fight. Again, it was close, but Calzaghe did more.
                      please explain how it's biased? the video shows every punch on repeat. it's not the videos fault that hopkins was the one landing while calzaghe was the one missing. how else is it possible to show this without replays? some people like yourself obviously miss the punches he's landing and this helps you to see them. the videos also show calzaghe's punches and how he doesn't land. this is what happened in the fight. i don't see how pointing it out is biased. it's pointless to debate with someone who refuses to factor in evidence when making judgements. you keep believing in something that didn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X