Do You Enjoy Watching Andre Ward Box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
    come on man.. post it...

He doesn't inspire my creativity like the road warrior does.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      He doesn't inspire my creativity like the road warrior does.
      why are you being a tease, you already made the damn thing, just post it for me...

pretty plzzzzz

Comment

i enjoy wards fights. theres a lot there if u know what ur watching. theres a lot of stuff going on in those clinches. u guys dont seem to know this but refs are not suposed to break clinches if both fighters are punching, as long as there is a free hand, the clinch is still legit.

anyways, ward has skills, he doesnt have to fight the way he does, but i find his skills beyond his years. hes gonna be hard to beat. that much we should all be able to agree upon.

Comment

My list of favorite fighters are mostly all different styles. I like all kinds of styles, I like Ward's style. He just does what he has to do to win. He's the best SMW because all the other SMW's will not be able to beat him and his style. I like Hopkins and, Ward reminds me of a more humble version of Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Horvo View Post
            The change in attendance is deceiving because it wasn't advertised much at all because it was set about a month before it took place, wasn't part of the tournament, against a big underdog with no pull, during thanksgiving, during a big boxing night, while raining. To put it in better perspective, the JMM/Berto/Caballero card drew almost the same, and maybe less minus the comps.

Ward fights to win, nothing else. With Green he did what he needed to do to win every round. With Bika he was just fighting a rough strong fighter and did what he needed to do to insure a win.

In the fight against Kessler he looked much much better. (Watch the first six rounds again and you will see his dominance has nothing to do with holding or headbutts)

I think he is unusual in that he will look better against better fighters. He will shut out AA just like Froch did and then will be able to take either Froch or Johnson. I think he will stay unbeaten fighting the best for quite awhile.
            Great post and I agree with you on all points.

Comment

Andre Ward is boring as watching paint dry.
              Clinch punch clinch punch arghhhhh. I stop watching that bika fight after round 6.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Great post and I agree with you on all points.
                i dont ... the fact is ward was fighting at home in the place he was born and raised. jmm and katz and werent and vegas is a ghost town so the low attendance was no surprise to me.

if your a draw your a draw people will see you no matter when or who ur fighting. and bika is a top 10 smw with some if not much name value (contender etc).

bute fought a true non opponent non top 10 guy in brinkley and still drew over 14k without major tv. now thats a draw.

and maybe i should watch the kessler fight again but a huge strategy of that fight was holding hitting and headbutting. thats just fact.

is his style effective, without a doubt. but that being said i do consider the style to be borderline cheating as well.

i am more questioning the entertainment value and the fact that this is a guy with a real boxing pedigree, true skill, speed and athleticism. so i dont get why the hells hes fighting in such an ugly way. and like i and walt already said this guys fighting like an old bhop not a prime one. hes 26yrs old for ****s sake bhop was not fighting like this at that age

oh and i like and respect bhop too ... but the only reason i put up with his style is cause hes earned the right to fight like that (and hes old as hell)
                Last edited by -Boxzilla-; 11-30-2010, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  i enjoy wards fights. theres a lot there if u know what ur watching. theres a lot of stuff going on in those clinches. u guys dont seem to know this but refs are not suposed to break clinches if both fighters are punching, as long as there is a free hand, the clinch is still legit.

anyways, ward has skills, he doesnt have to fight the way he does, but i find his skills beyond his years. hes gonna be hard to beat. that much we should all be able to agree upon.
                  the way i understand the rule is if your being held your allowed to hit with your free arm. i dont think it really works the other way around. you cant hold a guy in place and and wail on him. or at least your not suppose to. i guess ward at home is an exception to that rule tho

Comment

Hell no. Ward is a boring, unwatchable, feather fisted cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by -Boxzilla- View Post
                      i dont ... the fact is ward was fighting at home in the place he was born and raised. jmm and katz and werent and vegas is a ghost town so the low attendance was no surprise to me.

if your a draw your a draw people will see you no matter when or who ur fighting. and bika is a top 10 smw with some if not much name value (contender etc).

bute fought a true non opponent non top 10 guy in brinkley and still drew over 14k without major tv. now thats a draw.

and maybe i should watch the kessler fight again but a huge strategy of that fight was holding hitting and headbutting. thats just fact.

is his style effective, without a doubt. but that being said i do consider the style to be borderline cheating as well.

i am more questioning the entertainment value and the fact that this is a guy with a real boxing pedigree, true skill, speed and athleticism. so i dont get why the hells hes fighting in such an ugly way. and like i and walt already said this guys fighting like an old bhop not a prime one. hes 26yrs old for ****s sake bhop was not fighting like this at that age

oh and i like and respect bhop too ... but the only reason i put up with his style is cause hes earned the right to fight like that (and hes old as hell)
                      Ward uses very old school tactics to smuther and neutralize all his opponents offense. Driving in with your shoulder than pushing off or stepping aside to throw short power punches..a real classic style got respect that.

Comment

Working...
                      X