No announcement yet.

Do You Enjoy Watching Andre Ward Box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    there is no rule that says u cant punch in a clinch. there is no rule that says a ref must break up a clinch if both fighters are fighting AND defending themselves in some way. finally there is no rule that says u cant lead with your head. u cant just throw a random set of rules out and act like u kno wat ur talking about. nothing ward does is illegal. b hop rabbit punches, thats illegal, but thats not something ward does, now is it?

gtfo with ur random rules. u go show me a place where ward is cheating on tape. and dont show me no bull**** head butts. they happen all the time when styles clash. u dudes dont box, never been in the ring and dont know wtf ur watching and yet u choose to lecture ppl. there are commentators, boxing writers etc., who have been watching boxing all their lives and yet they think ward's style is throwback and totally legal. but i guess u know better rite??
    these arent random rules you idiot ... these are the rules. holding and hitting is illegal. clinching pushing and wrestling is illegal. headbutts are illegal. ward bhop bika holyfield these guys use there heads as a third fist. its not a clash a styles its an obvious tactic. you can tell when a headbutts accidental and on purpose (well i can your obviously too ******). the writers are biased, if this guy wasnt american theyd be pissing and moaning about how he fights and the fact that he gets away with it.

like i already said in previous posts, i except for these tactics for the most part to more limited fighters, or guys liek bhop who are old and legends in the game and use them to keep going. i dont for ward cause i kno he doesnt have to fight this way. he has the skill to win in a more exciting and asthetically pleasing style. he doesnt have to fight liek this. but this is easier. thats why its employed. its a tactic, its ugly, its boring and it is against the rules.

Comment

I was impressed with him for the most part against Kessler even though he headbutted the ***** out of him.

But his last two fights have just been horrible to watch. I know its "effective" and hes good at what he does but it doesn't mean i have to enjoy watching it. Just like with Ol' Soapy. Respect him but would rather gouge my eyeballs out than watch him.

Comment

No, I can't enjoy watching him. He's skilled, his style is effective, sweet science blah blah blah, yeah that's all true but it's hard to watch him fight.

Comment

I takes alot of talent for a boxer to make a sport about punching another person boring.

Comment

Yes I do...I enjoyed watchin him whoop Kessler's ass...and I enjoyed the Green fight(even if it was mainly inside fighting)...haven't watched all of the Bika fight yet...

Comment

Absolutely. Ward has a great all around game, and watching him neutralize his opponents is very enjoyable to me.

Comment

Very, very much. He comes to fight, isn't afraid to get rough, is mastering the lost art of phone-booth war and is just a skilled, young fighter with loads of amateur experience. And a great corner. Yeah, I enjoy watching him box.

Comment

Yessir, he is my guy! Been watching him since he was a young kid. Proud to see where he has taken his career thus far. He is more talented and can do more than just fight in close quarters. As time goes on, his craft will develop more and I see him doing big things in the sport. Very focused young fighter, I love that.

Comment

OP is a idioit, Andre Ward is a technican, he can box , brawl, counter punch, he can adjust just liek mayweather. Andre ward is a beautiful boxer, every1 on this dumbass thread thinks if someone dosnt swing like Pacquaio they are boring lol dumbass 14 year old flip pac tard.

Comment

• horrible style of ward! its not good to watch its always more like an mma fight

Comment

Working...
                      X