No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Margarito Brings 1.15 Million Pay-Per-View Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheRealTruth321 View Post
    Im a huge boxing fan, and a big Floyd fan. But come on even die hard *****s have to agree they are good numbers for a sport that is said to be dieing.

I know they are not the 1.4 and 1.5 mil that Arum was talking about, but since the fight was against a known disgraced cheater for a ghost title at a catch weight, all that being considered, those numbers make this fight a huge success. And to those that say these numbers and shyte and to those that say boxing is dead or dieing... jump off a bridge puss1es.
    I have no problem acknowledging that the numbers were good. Selling 1.12 million PPV is a good number in any economy and Pac deserves the accolades he is getting, especially considering who he was fighting. However, considering the number of dumb a$$ *******s on this site who are constantly putting Mayweather down, never giving him credit for anything, including the 1.4 million PPV he did against Mosley and constantly praising Pac like he is the second coming of Jesus himself, I can't help but to laugh at the "ridiculously low" number compared to what Arum claimed and the nuthuuggers on this site believed and used to take shots at Mayweather for "only" selling 1.4 million PPV against Mosley.

Comment

• Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
      These are U.S. numbers only! Pinoy's ordering it around the world doesn't count in U.S. PPV sales... wow, that was a dumb a$$ statement you made...

It's free in the Phillipines as far as i'm aware. It's irrelevant anyway. The US satellite and terrrestrial cable numbers are the determining factor when deciding how any boxing pie will be split (cept for UK buys for a UK fighter). Frankly, Mayweather has proven he is the biggest draw in boxing time and again. MP does not deserve 50%. It's economics. It's simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mercedes Benz View Post
        [B]
        FLOYD IS THE KING !!!!!!!!!!!!
        no!

FLOYD IS THE QUEEN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• 1.15 mil is very good. The truth is that Floyd is a bigger PPV draw than Manny. I would still rather watch Manny fight because of the exciting nature of him fighting. But everyone is waiting until Floyds 0 is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dagreatest View Post
            1.1 million is not bad @ all. Especially fighting a guy that just came off suspension a year ago. If Pac fights a washed up Mosely I think it would do over 1.5 million. A fight against Berto would do around the same as the Margirito fight. Berto just doesn't have the name. For all you Floyd fans, Pac is a bigger draw than Mayweather. He would sell more PPVs fighting Mosely than Mayweather did. People just enjoying watching this man fight.
            I guess since you can no longer use the bogus numbers that Arum threw out to claim that Pac is a bigger PPV draw than Mayweather and have no other facts to back up your opinions, you *******s have resorted to using hypotheticals like this one.

The truth is that the numbers for the Margarito fight are as high as Pac will ever get unless he fights Mayweather. If he fights Mayweather, Mayweather will be responsible for 70 percent of the PPV buys.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
              Really, that's all that needed to be said

But troll on trolls, troll on.

It's not trolling. What is trolling is saying FMJ is ducking a fighter or scared of a fighter because he wants more than 50%. MP doesn't deserve 50% because he is P4P # 1 and an all around nice guy with a beautiful wife, congressman (insert the rest of Ronnie's intro HERE). It's about economics. Floyd has proven over and over again he is the biggest draw in boxing.....at PPV and @ the live gate. That means he deserves more MONEY. It's simple. All the ******s who are predictably going to ask me why i care about another man's money......I DON'T. What i care about is some silly notion that the fight should be 50-50 so it's fair. WELL GUESS WAHT??? 50-50 is not fair. It's not fair to FMJ, and MP's greed, not Mayweather's is annoying. Mayweather's greed is justified. It's backed by the money he draws in. MP's greed is unjustified!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                I guess since you can no longer use the bogus numbers that Arum threw out to claim that Pac is a bigger PPV draw than Mayweather and have no other facts to back up your opinions, you *******s have resorted to using hypotheticals like this one.

The truth is that the numbers for the Margarito fight are as high as Pac will ever get unless he fights Mayweather. If he fights Mayweather, Mayweather will be responsible for 70 percent of the PPV buys.

don't think these clowns realise Cotto is a bigger drawcard than Shane, yet Mayweather vs Mosley did more numbers than Cotto vs Pac.

In actuality Margarito is also a bigger draw than Shane.

- Margo vs Cotto = PPV
                - Shane vs Cotto = PPV (did less than Marg vs Cotto)- Shane vs Margo = non-PPV.

What's the common denominator??? Cotto!!!!!

Comment

• Oscar was doing 700K to 900K buys againts Mayorga type opponents and were considered as success back then.

Yeah over 1M is fantastic.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Castor_Troy;9654081]Oscar was doing 700K to 900K buys againts Mayorga type opponents and were considered as success back then.

Yeah over 1M is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

YES it is a resounding success. Anything over one million is big. We have two guys who can consistently do over 1 million right now. that hasn't happened for a long time.

Mayweather vs Pacquaio should break ODLH vs May if it ever happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
                      It's not trolling. What is trolling is saying FMJ is ducking a fighter or scared of a fighter because he wants more than 50%. MP doesn't deserve 50% because he is P4P # 1 and an all around nice guy with a beautiful wife, congressman (insert the rest of Ronnie's intro HERE). It's about economics. Floyd has proven over and over again he is the biggest draw in boxing.....at PPV and @ the live gate. That means he deserves more MONEY. It's simple. All the ******s who are predictably going to ask me why i care about another man's money......I DON'T. What i care about is some silly notion that the fight should be 50-50 so it's fair. WELL GUESS WAHT??? 50-50 is not fair. It's not fair to FMJ, and MP's greed, not Mayweather's is annoying. Mayweather's greed is justified. It's backed by the money he draws in. MP's greed is unjustified!!!!!!!
                      That's from a ***** WOrld maybe.

but in reality a fighter who sells 1M PPV buys deserve at least 50% againts anybody.

Comment

Working...
                      X