Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Crushes Paul Williams in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, I'm shocked like a good majority of people. Not shocked about him winning, just the way he did it. It was an awesome knockout. They might even want to consider doing it for a third time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
      Honestly, I'm shocked like a good majority of people. Not shocked about him winning, just the way he did it. It was an awesome knockout. They might even want to consider doing it for a third time.
      Looks like what happened in the rematch with Quintana
      happened to Williams in this one. Really great win Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by pactardsowhat View Post
        Martinez has a difficult time with Margarito in the first fight. Since then, nothing really change in Martinez style. As they said, styles make fights. At middleweight, Marga will knock out Martinez. Mosley knocked Marga because he was drained to 147 plus the mental warp due to the wrap.
        Antonio Margarito is done off. Martinez at this stage is clearly
        too skilled for Margarito. Dude got the snot beat out of him
        by a lil ass dude. Face broken and all.

Comment

• Epic KO of a guy in williams who's in his prime and at his weight who made Mw champ sexy come down to 157 .. I called this all week I had martinez by stoppage in late rounds though

Margarito wants none of sergio at this point , if he did he will def. Need to retire afteer this one is done , martinez is like pac on steroids squared lol

Comment

• I dont think people ever saw this type of finish coming; at least in the 2nd round.

Personally, I believe that Paul needs a new trainer. He has alot of physical tools and ability that could be enhanced with a trainer that could bring it out. His defense is TERRIBLE, but so was Chico Corralles' and he was one of the most exciting fighters to watch, win, lose or draw.

As far as people saying he needed to clean out 147lbs, ya'll must be smoking good ass crack. He couldnt clean it out because no one would scrap with him in that division, which is why he moved up in weight. 154, for now, is his best bet, and he should moonlight at 160 every now and then.

Contrary to most peoples' posts on here, i dont think he is shot at all. Look, **** happens. Scottie Pippen missed dunks, Michael Jordan missed a shot, Bret Favre throws interceptions that ****s up your favorite teams chances of going to a superbowl. I think he will be fine, he is not in dire straights like Kelly Pavlik..

Comment

• lol, bout time, it was coming! PAUL "THE PUNISHED" WILLIAMS aka
              "THE MOST (CARED FOR) FIGHTER ON THE PLANET,(WHILE UNCONSCIOUS)

Comment

• Congrats Sergio

Kudos to Sergio for winning the bout with an impressive 2nd KO!

PWill never saw it coming an overhead left, straight to his jaw-joints!

Last edited by pugay_kamay; 11-21-2010, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Williams is just another glass jawed american hype job who got exposed

Comment

• Looks like Martinez practised that overhand left in the gym all along..

Paul needs to seriously work on his defense, he is to easy to hit. I'm not to sure if Paul should move up in weight since he's going to in with bigger hitters again.

Congratulations to Sergio though, awesome power, awesome KO. He's like the bigger Pacquiao at the age of 35, this guy amazes me every fight.

Comment

• Funny thing though. He was winning. He was fighting just about perfectly. Martinez didn't do nothing but land that punch. That makes me think a little more...

Clearly Paul's punch resistance has been dented. I'd like a Cintron rematch. He better work on that neck.

Martinez is fine, I just wonder what will happen when he tries to be the aggressor against a more natural counter puncher. Especially a fast one. Imagine what Pirog could do.

Comment

Working...
                      X