Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Crushes Paul Williams in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
    He gets credit for getting KTFO.
    HAHAHA. That was funny. Did you come up with that yourself?

Comment

• That KO Punch was GRIMEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
        Funny thing though. He was winning. He was fighting just about perfectly. Martinez didn't do nothing but land that punch. That makes me think a little more...

Clearly Paul's punch resistance has been dented. I'd like a Cintron rematch. He better work on that neck.

Martinez is fine, I just wonder what will happen when he tries to be the aggressor against a more natural counter puncher. Especially a fast one. Imagine what Pirog could do.
        What are you talking? Obviously you missed those punches that were missing merely inches away from landing squarely on Williams jaw in that first round.

William fought the wrong fight. You can't walk in that open against a sharp shooter who can punch like Martinez.

The proof is in the fight. The man went down like a timber tree as soon Martinez landed.

And, also, for all those morons who say it was a lucky punch, there is no thing as a lucky punch.

Comment

• What did Martinez and Williams rehydrate to the night of the fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by King Koopa View Post
            What did Martinez and Williams rehydrate to the night of the fight?
            Both were 168 pounds last night...

Comment

• I was in complete shock when it happened. My jaw literally dropped down.

The best knockout I've seen this year, for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by LilGizmo562 View Post
                Wow, guess the posters whom were saying Williams was a Knock out waiting to happen, weren't playing O.O
                Exactly right man...

Comment

• Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                  martinez didn't do nothing but land that punch?..martinez was hitting him too,so williams landed 10 more punches,wow...it was only the second round man,we don't know if matinez would have adjusted or done different things later in the fight,there were 10 more rounds to fight,it doesn't sound right what you say...i can understand if paul was dominating for 10 rounds and all of a sudden martinez lands that punch without doing much for the fight...martinez is good and he was making paul miss at times and hitting him,he was throwing that same punch and caught him...
                  Yeah but Paul, who usually has horrible defense, was making Martinez miss, and smothering him. Most of the punches Martinez landed were pitty-patter punches on the inside during the clinches. He landed a couple other big shots, but Williams was right there with him. I'm not saying he was on a fast track to winning the fight. I'm just saying, technically he had improved and done better than in the first fight. That's what made the KO punch so shocking. It wasn't like they were brawling and it was a toss up from there, Paul was winning with his technique.

Yeah, maybe Martinez would have adjust later, but for the time being, Paul won that round fairly handily.

Comment

• Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
                    What are you talking? Obviously you missed those punches that were missing merely inches away from landing squarely on Williams jaw in that first round.

William fought the wrong fight. You can't walk in that open against a sharp shooter who can punch like Martinez.

The proof is in the fight. The man went down like a timber tree as soon Martinez landed.

And, also, for all those morons who say it was a lucky punch, there is no thing as a lucky punch.
                    "missing" u don't win rounds on missed punches, unless ur Devon Alexander in St. Louis. The fact Paul, who's defense is usually bad was making him miss shows improvement.

BTW: I didn't say it was a lucky punch, so ur not talking to me...

Comment

• Originally posted by LAFIRPO View Post
                      Well, was he forced or not forced? He also fought Quintana when no one wanted to fight him.

Was he forced to fight Margarito when everyone was avoiding him?

Paul Williams fought anyone they put in front of him.

And by the way, you can't force anyone to fight. Paul Williams wanted to fight Sergio to erase any controversy from the first fight.
                      It doesn't matter who Williams fought. His two best wins were over old men and all other wins were controversial. So, that leads me to the conclusion that he was and always will be overrated. As far as his fight with Martinez the only thing Sergio had to fear was that Williams did not fall on him on his way down and out.

Comment

Working...
                      X