Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Bernard Hopkins get a pass for his overt racism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bhop is a legend. He could say Australia is in Europe for all I care.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko View Post
      Because nobody cares about Hopkins. There's no double standard. When Mayweather (who's black for those that haven't noticed) says race related things, the media and the fans lose their fucking minds.
      Seriously, Hopkins is only getting away with it simply because he's Hopkins. And nobody really cares. But let Mayweather say shit like this and the media starts pulling their hair out going all serious business omgz!!!!!!11

Comment

INJECT, did mommy hug you too much? You seem like a very sensitive individual.

Comment

I'm getting pretty tired of him. Everything is always a race issue with him. He can't control his eternal victimhood complex from constantly surfacing. He's boorish and unpleasant.

It would be ok if he actually delivered in the ring, but his fights are among the worst in the history of the sport.

I'm going to boycott his fights henceforth and wutnot.

I'm putting my foot down.

Comment

Hopkins got owned by a white boy.

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
              The first quote is definitely racist. The second and third are him projecting superiority over other races.

Also racist.

Its the same thing skinheads do.
              I guess for me, I don't find it racist UNLESS they directly and specifically say shit about the other race...like Floyd's asian-specific comments. But yeah, I can see why people will find that racist. Plus I'm sure it's just hype anyway.

Comment

I'm getting pretty tired of him. Everything is always a race issue with him. He can't control his eternal victimhood complex from constantly surfacing. He's boorish and unpleasant.

It would be ok if he actually delivered in the ring, but his fights are among the worst in the history of the sport.

10 Bucks says after watching this video you change your mind.

Comment

That's true.

He would probably never fight again if he said that.

Dont act like this stuff never happened in the past. Whites got away with a lot back in the day. Just ask Marvin Hagler and Alan Winter....

Comment

You don't see what he's doing though? He's trying to get pacquiao/arum to fight his good friend shane mosley and trainer nazim. he's trying to get them paid. that's all he's really doing, trying to bait them, like he did floyd after the marquez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KirbyLovesTacos View Post
                      "I will never let a white boy beat me" was hype. Same with the Puerto Rican flag thing with Trinidad.

Also, he's right. Pacquiao has never fought an African American fighter. So bu your logic you're saying BHop can't pick/root for Black fighters because he's black? So I can't root for Mayorga because I'm Hispanic? This is nonsense. By using your logic it means Filipinos can't root for Manny. So obviously they're all racist.

That may be right, but AFAIK that's not what Bhop said.

He said Pacquiao hasn't faced a top black fighter, and that's clearly stupid for him to say when Pac beat Ledwaba convincingly for the super bantamweight title. And among other black fighters he faced is Clottey.

IMO he played it smart, still, leaving a window of thought for people to interpret if he means african american OR black fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X