Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pac and Floyd don't fight, the only way Floyd surpasses Pac is w/ a MW Title.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Pac and Floyd don't fight, the only way Floyd surpasses Pac is w/ a MW Title.

Floyd won't be able to surpass Pacquiao in legacy by beating another WW or even JMW since he's already gotten titles in those weightclasses. At this point, beating Williams, Martinez or any other fighters at 154 wouldn't cut it. At 160, though, thats a different story because Floyd would have to accomplish something he hasn't already. A middleweight title with a defense COULD put him back into the discussion.

If he beats Martinez, Williams and winner of 140 he will surpass Pacquaio.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
      If he beats Martinez, Williams and winner of 140 he will surpass Pacquaio.
      Explain how? If he fights them at 154, it would mean **** because he already got a title at 154.

Comment

Floyd can weigh in at 150lbs at a catchweight of 156 for a vacant 160 WBC title against a non top 10 MW, non top 10 P4P MW, or he could fight a paper champion at a catchweight of 156[weigh in 150]. There are lots of bums at 160 that Floyd can fight. Like Manny fought David Diaz at 135 and Margarito at 150.

Comment

I tend to agree. He'd need to beat the winner of Martinez-Williams and maybe even one more elite fighter although I think him having gone so far without losing probably cancels out the need for the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab jr View Post
            Floyd can weigh in at 150lbs at a catchweight of 156 for a vacant 160 WBC title against a non top 10 MW, non top 10 P4P MW, or he could fight a paper champion at a catchweight of 156[weigh in 150]. There are lots of bums at 160 that Floyd can fight. Like Manny fought David Diaz at 135 and Margarito at 150.
            If Manny can do it, he should be able to at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              I tend to agree. He'd need to beat the winner of Martinez-Williams and maybe even one more elite fighter although I think him having gone so far without losing probably cancels out the need for the latter.
              2501 just said beating Williams or Martinez won't cut it.

Comment

yeah the guy who wouldn't fight cotto and marg at 147 will fight martinez and williams at 160.

i can see it.

Comment

He would have to beat a pretty decent middleweight for it to mean anything. Because people dont think he would beat Cotto, Margarito, Hatton, not to mention many others as well as Pac did.

Pac with those victories ignited a spark in peoples sub consciousness and amazed people. Just winning isnt enough sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab jr View Post

Floyd can have Richard Schafer pick out some top 20 guy and have him maneuvered to #1 for some vacant title and then have Floyd beat him, forget Martinez or Williams. Brilliant!

Comment

Working...
                    X