Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sport of boxing is ****ed once Pacquiao retires...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ummm...not even!, funny thin is that 2 years ago no one even knew who pac even was except for boxing fans...so superstars come and go..

Comment

man some of you just dont get it

the amount of money promoters invest in a fighter directly correlates to how "mainstream" they are

when pacquiao retires the promoters will start investing the tens of millions they made off of him in a new batch of fighters and one of those will have a streak of exciting fights, repeat

a couple years ago pacquiao was considered "unmarketable" by internet forum tards because he was "too foreign", all it took was some promotion and tv exposure though

boxing never "runs out of superstars" because its the promoters and media who decide whos a superstar anyway.

but does it matter to us anyway? im more interested in martinez/williams and abraham/froch than i am in pacaquio/mayweather personally, when those guys retire the world wont end for me, theyre just the guys who got picked for heavy promotion

Comment

Anyone who says once pac steps down, another superstar will emerge is ******ed.

Do you seriously think the casual or even a large majority of the hardcore is going to spend 50+ dollars to watch anyone but Pac and Floyd? When Pac is gone, are we gonna see another boxer on 60 minutes? Are we gonna see another boxer being swarmed like a movie star in L.A? Are we gonna see another boxer shock the world by toppling giants? Is anybody other than floyd gonna sell more than 2k tickets a fight?

I think when Pac's gone, we're going to have a dryspell. It's not easy crafting a superstar- that's why there are so few of them.

The casual fan's view of boxing is already dwindling more than it already has. All the promoting in the world isn't gonna change that.
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-17-2010, 03:12 AM.

Comment

two years ago it was supposed to be Floyd and DLH the last real draws in boxing and then guess what Manny came up

Comment

Nobody said it was gonna happen over night, but in time as soon as soon as one of these guys get touted as the next big thing, I'm sure the people will follow.

Comment

Don't you get it?

Every time a legend retires, he inspires millions of new people to lace up the gloves.

At least one of them is bound to replace the legend and restore boxing.

How many young Filipino's across the world are hitting the pads right now trying to one day be like Pac?

Legends like Pac grow the sport, not diminish it.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                Is not true at all, why people believe that is just ridiculous.

Boxing was great before Pac and it will be great after Pac.

And, this forum would be better once Pac and Floyd both leave and there dumbass fans, like the TS, leaves with them.
                Argeed! Even though Mayweather is my favourite fighter, i couldn't agree more.

Comment

I dont know but with pacman around boxing is still exciting to watch..

Code:

Comment

Originally posted by crazyboy867 View Post
                    its sad to say but when pac retires, sport of boxing is ****ed once again. pacquiao gets even the casual boxing fans excited to watch his fights but when he's gone theres only going to be the hardcore fans thats still going to be interested in the sport.

even mayweather cant save the sport.

They said the same thing when Louis, Ali, Tyson, Leonard, Holyfield...everytime one of them retired they said WE WERE DONE FOR and that their would NEVER be another great boxer EVER HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA Its a load of crap. So no, their will be others, it goes on and on.

Comment

Boxing will be BETTER once Mayweather and Pacquiao go away IMO, I think not just one star will emerge to carry boxing but you will see a BUNCH of stars WORLD WIDE start to emerge and get more attention, Top Rank and Bob Arum is FUKED, but not the sport itself, will it be another fighter with ability to draw like Mayweather or Manny...probably not but I think you will see more then just 1 or 2 stars carrying the sport, reason why UFC is such a threat is because they don't depend on just 1 or 2 stars to carry the sport so they have the ability to give their fans a pretty good card EVERY MONTH instead of every 4-6 months like Boxing so if HBO focus on developing and promoting more fighters, then Boxing will become more entertaining and they will be able to deliver good cards and good fights AT LEAST once a month

should have done a HBO 24/7 or something for Martinez vs Williams, should do one for Amir Khan vs Maidana and especially for Bradley vs Alexander, this would help those fighters and let the fans get to know them more, you can't ride Pacquiao and Mayweather forever
                      Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 11-17-2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X