No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: Manny Pacquiao 144.6, Antonio Margarito 150

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by left hook tua View Post
    only on nsb is a guy getting criticized for fighting a much bigger man while being too small.

And they still have him as the favorite.
    lmfao!! Epic!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
      Man, I thought Pac would be at least 147. I figured about 148-149 at max. He must have been really worried about losing his biggest asset (speed).

Well that wont change the fact that he still beats Margarito's a$$...... (late stoppage)

I have to give to Margarito though. Dude doesn't look like he has any pressure on him at all.... like either he's REALLY confidant or just knows what's about to come and has accepted it.... (ass beating for lots of money)

Must be nice to fight under Top Rank.... (cough cough)
      you know what's funny I expected Manny to be 148 too just like in the De La Hoya fight but I can't lie 144 baffled me, he's weighing in at what Juan Manuel Marquez against Floyd but against a bigger man naturally than Floyd, I may not like Margarito but I can put my bias aside when it's in the interests of fairness and truth and the truth is that like him or hate him he is still a threat, Manny will whip his ass still I believe but I was really surprised he came in so low..

lolz @ the bold part..

Comment

• Marg will be the 'bigger' fighter, but Pacquiao will be the faster fighter .

Comment

• Sheesh I guess Pac didn't have enough of those high calorie protein shakes. If he opts to JMM for a third time, it should be at lightweight or the very max. 140 lbs. Pac can easily make lightweight.

Comment

• I think the catchweight is more of a compromise, cuz Pac's team would want the fight at 147, but Margs isn't that comfortable at that weight anymore, so they gave him 3 extra pounds. Blame the paper belt on Arum and the WBC. Arum wanted it for the promotion, and WBC wanted it for the sanctioning fee. Pac and Margs would have still fought without the belt IMO. Don't blame the fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by starjammer View Post
              Well people may hear 8 titles in 8 divisions, but years, decades from now the real fans will research Manny's career. And we know how much objective information we have on fights from the past right now, well imagine the information that will be available in the future. The true fight fans will understand what was at play.

Manny is many things, a great fighter and a true champion at times, but 8 titles in 8 divisions is a deception that is allowed by this sport's corrupt sanctioning bodies. That is a dirty secret that will not dissapear.

I say that as a Pacquiao fan. So really, yeah, the belt of this fight means nothing to me. I want to see a great fight, and whoever wins, I know they're not the champion.
              Yep, just like how everyone forgot that sugar ray leonard fought for the light heavyweight championship @ a catchweight of 168 lbs which is supermiddleweight.

Comment

• I think Manny will win still, style wise his dip in, dip out nature of punching will find him landing the cleaner shots and basically his overall output will hold him down, Margarito will come to fight but he will lose and that's my honest opinion, I think he will lose in a way where people saying this will be "the best win ever" will really blow that line up once they see how he does it, he will impress everyone who wasn't already impressed tomorrow night, that's guaranteed, it might be bloody but bet your house on it

Comment

• lol! the *****s are panicking! what time Floyd fight tomorrow? Pac is 140 fighter to the max, could stay at 140 and beat anybody there. junior welterweigt Pac beating elite welterweights and above is what makes him special above great. if he was like the same or more weight, height and reach over his opponents...you think anybody will say specially the jealous *****s he is great? Don't blame Pacquiao about the catchweight. Blame the system/sanctioning bodies allowing these catchweight fights to happen. Catchweights has been here even before Pac was born. So its not fair you blame Pac for doing things within the rules. Only dumb, idiots and *****s biitching about this fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
                    if pac wants to weight 144 for a Jr. middleweight fight then thats his business but i dont like him making marg come down to 150. pac gets to keep his advantage in speed while trying to make marg lose his advantage in size
                    Yep, just like how Sugar Ray Leonard drained Donny Lalonde for the light heavyweight championship by making him fight at 168 lbs @ supermiddleweight

Comment

• Wow....lbs144 that is definitely lower than i was expecting. However, he has mentioned a few time already that he wants to keep his speed for this fight, which is obviously a good idea. Just never thought he'd come in this low.

Pacquiao better forgot about trying to make his fans happy buy going toe-to-toe. If Pacman is dumb enough trade with Cheato, he will lose.
                      Last edited by p4p-champ; 11-12-2010, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X