Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana is gonna get sparked out! My assessment.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
    Will Khan accept a win (after all the talk) via boxing alone?

Seems like he wants to prove something and if so he needs to go toe to toe at some point in there.
    Khan may be a bit simple but Roach certainly isn't, so there's no way he engages Maidana at any point. He'll be moving every second of every round like he did against Kotelnik.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
      The only way I could see Maidana winning this is if he puts in some good body work in the first half of the fight. At lightweight we saw that Khan's punch resistance around his mid-section is almost as dire as his jaw, so Maidana would have a chance of reducing some of Khan mobility and getting him to drop his hands, or maybe even a body shot K.D./K.O.

Problem being he'll face an onslaught of quick, stiff jabs and straight rights all the while, which won't be easy to tough out.

I don't see Maidana having sustained success up top or even landing a 'bingo shot' unless he can slow Khan down through an early body assault.

This is the problem Maidana will just work the body for the first half of the fight.

Even if Khan wins he'll be pi55ing blood and he's not had that kind of fight so far. It will do a lot of damage to his body and he will be severely hurt and have to go past the pain barrier and into a whole new level of wit and skill. Digging so DEEP yopu can't even trust your guts it will have to be pure will that gets him there.

This really IS the toughest fight of Khan's life so far and possibly his toughest test for the near future. I can se him going past this and dominating the division but he has to get that ring experience from this fight that will be like walking on fire.

I want him to win, with all my heart I do because he is a boxer and not a slugger and because this will be a FINE performance if he does win. If Maidana does it will be simply a clinical work the body and spaark him out late KO.

People will remember this fight if Khan succeeds, if Maidana wins it will be a simple win for a slugger and a poke in the eye of the philosophy that brains beat brawn.
      Last edited by DET. IRONSIDE; 11-03-2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Interesting break down... and I agree with a lot of your points. But, where I see things changing is in the middle to late rounds. I think Kahn will do a lot of what you said he will do for the first 4 or 5 rounds, gaining a lot of confidence. I really think (although he is nervous) Kahn thinks this will be an easier fight then it will be, especially after the way Maidana looked against Corley. I see him winning the first 3 or 4 rounds with ease, increasing his confidence where he may start taking more chances (wanting to impress and prove critics wrong). But, where you can't count Maidana out is in unrelenting pressure and will. Even when he looked his worst in the Corley fight, he would take a deep breath and continue to come forward. I see Kahn eventually starting to tire or become over confident, or maybe after having won the first few rounds with ease, getting ****y and a bit careless.
        I say if Kahn can stick with the game plan and not get tired for the whole 12 rounds, then he takes a UD. But, for some reason I just don't see him able to sustain for the entire 12 rounds. I think Maidana breaks him down after about 5 rounds and the tides start to turn. And, that's when this fight is going to answer a lot of questions. Can Kahn take 12 rounds of endless pressure? How does Kahn react when he gives Maidana his best and he still keeps coming? Does Kahn get over confident in the first half of the fight and stray from Roachs' game plan (box, box, box)? How does he take Maidanas best punch?
        I think the first half of the fight is all Kahns. After about round 5, I see the last half being in Maidanas favor. It's going to be a very interesting fight, and if Maidana doesn't knock out Kahn I think it could even be a split descision in either ones favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
          Interesting break down... and I agree with a lot of your points. But, where I see things changing is in the middle to late rounds. I think Kahn will do a lot of what you said he will do for the first 4 or 5 rounds, gaining a lot of confidence. I really think (although he is nervous) Kahn thinks this will be an easier fight then it will be, especially after the way Maidana looked against Corley. I see him winning the first 3 or 4 rounds with ease, increasing his confidence where he may start taking more chances (wanting to impress and prove critics wrong). But, where you can't count Maidana out is in unrelenting pressure and will. Even when he looked his worst in the Corley fight, he would take a deep breath and continue to come forward. I see Kahn eventually starting to tire or become over confident, or maybe after having won the first few rounds with ease, getting ****y and a bit careless.
          I say if Kahn can stick with the game plan and not get tired for the whole 12 rounds, then he takes a UD. But, for some reason I just don't see him able to sustain for the entire 12 rounds. I think Maidana breaks him down after about 5 rounds and the tides start to turn. And, that's when this fight is going to answer a lot of questions. Can Kahn take 12 rounds of endless pressure? How does Kahn react when he gives Maidana his best and he still keeps coming? Does Kahn get over confident in the first half of the fight and stray from Roachs' game plan (box, box, box)? How does he take Maidanas best punch?
          I think the first half of the fight is all Kahns. After about round 5, I see the last half being in Maidanas favor. It's going to be a very interesting fight, and if Maidana doesn't knock out Kahn I think it could even be a split descision in either ones favor.
          You have to consider, though, that (a) Khan has great conditioning and (b) Maidana is no Margarito - we know that he can be dropped and he can be hurt. I agree with you to a degree but bearing these two things in mind I think Khan will be able to last the distance and take a UD. Roach will be there in the corner to reel him in if he starts getting complacent or overzealous too.

This should be a taxing fight for Khan and a great learning experience but it's no 50-50 pick 'em.

Comment

Khan to win by stoppage? Please.

You can write 9 pages but if you ignore basic facts then it's worthless.

Look at the shots that Ortiz dropped Maidana with, they were vicious blindsighted shots that dropped him instantly. He was back on his feet in seconds every time and right back in his opponents face.

Now look at Khan's fight with Kotelnik and look at the ***** ass shoe shine punches he throws the whole fight, he never sits down on anything. He just runs and runs and throws arm punches from a distance.

He won't even be able to dent Maidana with those horsecrap sissy combos and Maidana will be coming forward with a lot of confidence when he sees Khan is too terrified to set his feet long enough to commit to a KO punch.

I keep seeing people reference the Corley fight as reason for Khan being able to beat Maidana but I will tell you two things:

1) If Corley fought Prescott right now he would whoop Prescott's ass

and

2) Maidana had a short training camp, was fighting a southpaw, and was fighting a guy who got dirty with him and got into his head. Does anyone believe Khan will be willing to get rough and tough with Maidana on the inside? Hell no, Maidana is gonna maul Amir's ass in close just like Froch did to Dirrell.

Comment

Khan has better boxing skills.
              He's much faster.
              Just as much power.

Maidana is tougher.
              That's about it.

If Khan dictates the pace from the outside,this fight is a wrap!!If Khan shows too much respect for Maidana,he loses,he has to box very well which he can do!!

Comment

Good break down.

Kahn keeps saying that he is going to go toe to toe with Maidana, but most people don't believe that and neither do I. Freddie would never advise that.

I believe Kahn will be Khan and establish his jab and use his footwork to get angles and position in the early rounds.

I do believe that once he feels out Maidana's power and tires him a bit, he will start to sit down on some punches. Especially when Maidana comes forward and Kahn looks to counter with his fast hands. Then Kahn will move and jab again and look to sit down on more punches.

That is what I believe will happen. Frustrate, tire, test, and finish.
                Kahn (KO10)

Comment

I agree that Maidana can do bodywork and slow Khan down, hit his arms which also hurt.

Khan is gonna be moved in the fight, his whole body, but Maidana is a tame ***** cat in the centre of the ring unless you go forward. Even if you stand there, he has his 1 or 2 secs of quiet then goes in with wild swings. Not good when you are allowing Khan to jab away and control him.

St the ropes, Maidana is a different animal, and most certainly is one of the most dangerous fighters there. He will take a shot and hit you there.

If Khan does trade, and war it, then that is obviously going to be a Maidana win, but Roach is smarter than Khan. I am a fan of Khan, but he is very ****** and acts quite young for his age. He needs to learn to write aswell LOL.

Yes Khan has not been tested by a brawler with power since Prescott, but has Maidana fought anyone with the style and athleticism to beat him more than Khan?

Kotelnik had a good fight, but close.

Ortiz got beat up, and his style is not suited to a ****er, because he is usally the bully.

Now if you ask anyone, who is likely to beat Maidana, I would say Bradley, but Khan is 2nd, even if his chin is damn poor. Alexander would get hit too much and I can't see him KO'ing Maidana before he gets KO'd, while I can see Khan boxing and stopping Maidana.

Comment

If Khan's chin holds up he stops Maidana, the only thing stopping thi from being an easy fight for him is if his chin can take a shot from a puncher, thats the most interesting thing about this fight for me.

Comment

Where are all the Maidana fan boys at?

******* love to chat **** and bring up the Prescott pic, which is funny, but when it comes to real talk, they are lil boys because I am a real man.

My mamma told me so

Comment

Working...
                      X