Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your honest opinion, does taking dives, etc. still exist today in 2010?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
    This fa99ot........smh

What do you me "whenever you try"? LOL
    English is clearly not your first language.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
      I'm sure it does, look at that one Danny Green fight. But I think the more mainstream guys just pay off the judges. It's easier.
      floyd vs jlc 1..

Comment

Originally posted by Hyacinth View Post
        At the end of the day, boxing is a business. But it's hard to conceive that boxers in this day in age take dives, payouts, etc. Cheaters will always be around, ie steroids and illegal hand wraps, etc. But flat out losing on purpose? i'm not so sure...

speak on it.
        It's impossible to claim that it DOESN'T exist. So yes.

Comment

i think that promoters are more likely to influnence judges than fighters, at the championship level to take "dives".

Comment

it could still be happening...not as much as trolls and stupid alts do exist in boxing forums though.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              floyd vs jlc 1..
              I suppose...
              Among others.

It's kinda sad that that's the first one to come to ur mind.
              Last edited by JDezi4; 10-12-2010, 10:55 PM.

Comment

clottey was a pathetic fight. he gave lots of excuses (scared of getting knocked out, stomache...etc)
                i'm not gonna say it's a fixed fight, i'm just gonna say that clottey's a chicken =P IMO

mayweather vs mosley HOWEVER, was suspicious. how can mosley start SUCKING... RIGHT AFTER when he ALMOST floored Floyd?!

I just hope Pac vs Marg is an entertaining fight.
                whenever i see a "if marg losses, its cuz he dived" ...those are just excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Roll View Post
                  clottey was a pathetic fight. he gave lots of excuses (scared of getting knocked out, stomache...etc)
                  i'm not gonna say it's a fixed fight, i'm just gonna say that clottey's a chicken =P IMO

mayweather vs mosley HOWEVER, was suspicious. how can mosley start SUCKING... RIGHT AFTER when he ALMOST floored Floyd?!

I just hope Pac vs Marg is an entertaining fight.
                  whenever i see a "if marg losses, its cuz he dived" ...those are just excuses.
                  Mosley stopped landing punches. He did not stop throwing punches. The defense of Mayweather was just too much for Mosley.

Joshua Clottey however, threw very few punches.

Comment

I am not sure about any major fights.

There hasn't been a major fight that I felt a fighter took a dive.

Maybe, the lower scale type of fights yes I am pretty sure it happens. There has been fights that I have seen were a fighter just tanked it IMO.

But, I don't think it happens anymore in the major fights.

A fighter going for a payday is not the same as taking a dive, judges being bought out is not taking a dive, Those 2 are more possible of happening in the major fights IMO. But, dives not so much. Lower scale type of fights? Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by MXboxingfan View Post
                      Mosley stopped landing punches. He did not stop throwing punches. The defense of Mayweather was just too much for Mosley.

Joshua Clottey however, threw very few punches.
                      Joshua Clottey fought like Joshua Clottey.

There was nothing suspicious about that fight. I serious doubt he took a dive in that fight.

And, is ridiculous to think Shane Mosley took a dive against Floyd also.

Comment

Working...
                      X