Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your honest opinion, does taking dives, etc. still exist today in 2010?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your honest opinion, does taking dives, etc. still exist today in 2010?

At the end of the day, boxing is a business. But it's hard to conceive that boxers in this day in age take dives, payouts, etc. Cheaters will always be around, ie steroids and illegal hand wraps, etc. But flat out losing on purpose? i'm not so sure...

speak on it.
    Yes
    74.65%
    No
    8.45%
    I'm not sure
    16.90%

maybe the danny green fight

Comment

Probably a lot less than the old days, but I'm sure they still exist today. Look at the Danny Green vs Paul Briggs fight.

Comment

I just thought about this because Mayweather sr just said that if Margarito loses it's because he took a dive, etc..also i remmeber ppl saying clottey didn't fight pacquiao because he was paid off..ppl even talked about mosley backing off after round 2 with mayweather. It's just hard to believe that these type of shenanigans still occur in this day in age. granted, these things have been documented before but, today? in 2010? hard to believe.

Comment

Clottey-Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Lloyd Christmas View Post
            Probably a lot less than the old days, but I'm sure they still exist today. Look at the Danny Green vs Paul Briggs fight.
            yeah, i remember this..but the winner didn't seem too happy and called him out on the bull****. this probably would be a better example of chickening out.

Comment

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Especially when it comes to WASHED UP fighters Vivian Harris and Carlos Baldomir who have nothing to lose and could use a quick paycheck

Comment

Ofcourse it does. Anyone who says no is kidding themselves.

Comment

It will always exist.

Comment

kert cintron probably.

Comment

Working...
                    X