Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your most memorable Miguel Cotto fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
    I paid 750 dollars for my ticket to Cotto Mosley and there were more then 10 k at that fight
    What was the cheaper ticket prices though and don't forget that was Miguels ultimate peak. For the most part a high profile fight in Vegas is going to be more than a fight in NYC and that is one of the reasons that the MGM was not sold out. Another thing we have to remember and I know it will piss Mexicans off but Margarito was nothing at the time, at least compared to Cotto. Cotto has had no problem filling the house because he has never really had a down period in his career. Margarito on the other hand, going into the Cotto fight had a small following and hadn't really beat anyone of substance going into that fight. That fight probably should of landed in NYC but they wouldn't of been able to charge 150 dollars for nosebleeders. I think if Arum had to do it all over again, same situation, the fight would of landed at MSG or Yankee Stadium.

This all still doesn't change the fact that Cotto/Marg was a crazy atmosphere. That fight was for the very hardcore fight fan and the crowd was feeling it all night long.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
      I just looked up the attendence for the fight and it was 10'477 lol do you honestly believe that Cotto vs Margs would have any less then 20 k if it was in Msg? Come to think about arent you the ****ing idiot who told me that yankee stadium was going to be Foremans house for the cotto fight how did that predicition turn out?
      What the ****? Now you're making assumptions about me talking about Foreman? I don't even know **** about Foreman you dumb ****ing idiot. Fact is you're just mad that we Mexicans make it a better environment come fight night that you have to say some bull**** that a cotto fight at the MGS is better than the Cotto vs Marg one. What a ****ing ******.

Comment

The Torres fight is the best to watch without doubt for mine. I also really enjoyed the Judah fight.

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo View Post
          What the ****? Now you're making assumptions about me talking about Foreman? I don't even know **** about Foreman you dumb ****ing idiot. Fact is you're just mad that we Mexicans make it a better environment come fight night that you have to say some bull**** that a cotto fight at the MGS is better than the Cotto vs Marg one. What a ****ing ******.
          You definitely made that assumption in another thread and i told you that you have no idea what your talking about. Ill bump that thread later. As far as a Cotto Margs fight being electric of course it was that fight was legendary but if it was here in NY that **** would have been sold out and also imo would have had a better atmosphere then any fight in Vegas could outside of Ricky Hatton fight.

Comment

ricardo torres might not be his best win but to me that was his finest hour.

unexpected tough fight and he got hurt but cotto dug in and beat torres down in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              ricardo torres might not be his best win but to me that was his finest hour.

unexpected tough fight and he got hurt but cotto dug in and beat torres down in the end.
              That was the first scrap where I noticed that Cotto's kryptonite was uppercuts, but yeah that fight was a great back and forth battle...

Comment

To me it would have to be the Judah fight. The way he handled Judah's speed and imposed his will on Judah was impressive.

Comment

Cotto really has a sick ass resume.... one of the best fighters of the last 5 years in my view..

Comment

Ssm vs cotto

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
                      All jokes aside, Miguel Cotto is one of this generations finest.

There is so much to pick from for me because almost every time he fights its a great night of boxing that ends up being memorable, dramatic, or flat out legendary.

My personal picks include the Torres fight, the Corley fight, the Malignaggi destruction, the Quintana destruction, the Judah battle, the Margarito Masterpiece, and believe it or not, I thoroughly enjoyed the Pac fight.

Honorable mentions go to the Kelson Pinto grudge match, the Abdullaev revenge and the way he broke Gianluca Branco's arm with punches will always hold a special place in my heart.

Oh and yeah, lest I forget, the way he sonned Alfonso Gomez was ****ing priceless.

Here is a great video from one of BS's finest The Bringer on the greatness of Cotto.

Lets circle jerk it.

the margarito fight is the best,despite of that he lost there, but we all know cotto would win that fight if cheato wasn't cheating

Comment

Working...
                      X