Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your most memorable Miguel Cotto fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
    My favorite is the Zab Judah fight.

That was a pure destruction in Zab Judah's home turf.

He owned.
    Zab was at home only technically that wasnt his home turf that night.

Comment

Memorable? The Margarito fight.

Right now people won't accept what happened.

Given time, and people less emotionally involved with both Cotto and Marg, that fight will be recognized as one of boxing's darkest hours.

And let me get this straight, the wrap incident is not finished. You don't know when Marg or Capetillo will be bankrupt, and the only money making scheme they can cook is a tell all interview or tell all book. The truth has not been told.

Comment

Originally posted by rabagiyo View Post
        Are you ****ing serious? You obviously weren't at a MGM fight in Vegas with Ricans AND Mexicans beefing in the crowd. Dumb ****ing ******. That's probably one of the best atmospheres in recent years of all time. LOL at just because it was nothing but Ricans at the MSG it makes it that better. If you want to put it that way, The sold out Staples center in the fight vs Mosley > Cotto fights at the MSG.
        Shut up ***** Cotto Margs didnt even sell out and it would have been more exciting if it was in msg guaranteed. There is tons of Mexicans out here in Ny too so if they werent well represnted it would be because they were too ***** to come out that night

Comment

The Judah fight is my favourite.
          bailey and quintana are also worth mentioning.
          I hated Gomez in Contender so that destruction was...enjoyable

Comment

mosley fight damn i was surprised

Comment

Cotto vs Judah made me an avid Cotto follower. Such nice fight.
              Margarito Vs Cotto was exciting as ****. Chapionship rounds almost made me piss myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                Shut up ***** Cotto Margs didnt even sell out and it would have been more exciting if it was in msg guaranteed. There is tons of Mexicans out here in Ny too so if they werent well represnted it would be because they were too ***** to come out that night
                The tickets for Margarito/Cotto was much more expensive than Miguel fighting at MSG or Yankee Stadium. When I seen Miguel fight Paulie I got 100 dollar ticket which was floor and the cheapest tickets were like 25 bucks. When I seen him against Foreman I got the cheapest ticket which was 50 bucks. But when I seen him against Margarito I got a 500 dollar ticket(that was floor but would of been ringside plus cash back for either of the two bouts I named) and the cheapest ticket was 150. Vegas prices are much higher than any other city so that is probably a big reason it didn't sell out. Also, Vegas in the dead of summer is not a hoping town.

Comment

Are you ****ing serious? You obviously weren't at a MGM fight in Vegas with Ricans AND Mexicans beefing in the crowd. Dumb ****ing ******. That's probably one of the best atmospheres in recent years of all time. LOL at just because it was nothing but Ricans at the MSG it makes it that better. If you want to put it that way, The sold out Staples center in the fight vs Mosley > Cotto fights at the MSG.
                  I agree with your post till the end. Cotto and Judah broke the all time record at MSG, just like Mosley/Margarito did. Both impressive and on the same level.

Comment

I just looked up the attendence for the fight and it was 10'477 lol do you honestly believe that Cotto vs Margs would have any less then 20 k if it was in Msg? Come to think about arent you the ****ing idiot who told me that yankee stadium was going to be Foremans house for the cotto fight how did that predicition turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                      The tickets for Margarito/Cotto was much more expensive than Miguel fighting at MSG or Yankee Stadium. When I seen Miguel fight Paulie I got 100 dollar ticket which was floor and the cheapest tickets were like 25 bucks. When I seen him against Foreman I got the cheapest ticket which was 50 bucks. But when I seen him against Margarito I got a 500 dollar ticket(that was floor but would of been ringside plus cash back for either of the two bouts I named) and the cheapest ticket was 150. Vegas prices are much higher than any other city so that is probably a big reason it didn't sell out. Also, Vegas in the dead of summer is not a hoping town.
                      I paid 750 dollars for my ticket to Cotto Mosley and there were more then 10 k at that fight

Comment

Working...
                      X