Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the Klitschkos receive so much hatred?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me personally, I'm not a fan of Wlad because he is too patient in the ring. Just like I never liked Lewis.

The haters hate him because he isn't an American. No doubt.

Comment

How can such a big in terrific shape athlete take 10-12 rounds to stop opponents he should be able to KO alot earlier? The last early KO Wlad had was against Ray Austin, and Ray Austin started boxing when he was 28 years of age...

Comment

I can never understand the oppressor turning himself into the victim; why claim people dislike him because he is white? the people who dislike them come from all races and they dislike the brothers because of fighting style and lack of entertainment. It's a bit like with Larry Holmes he was very talented and dominant but no one cared he was unpopular because he wasn't exciting in the ring and had no character outside of it.

People want at least one excitement in the ring or in the build up or the ring and with the Klits you get neither; you get good technical boxers destroying limited fighters FACT.

The funny thing is the Klits never make out it's because of race the recognise the cultural differences and get on with it racist forum posters however use it as a way to spread hatred.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
          See now your ducking me. ******s keep trying to compare this era to when tyson was dominant but Tyson is mentioned as an ATG because he got rid of these fools brutally and early. Why can't Wlad do that when he's a hell of a lot bigger then tyson and all his opponents too? He has the potential to get rid of these fools quickly but he doesn't and thats what irritates the **** out of me when he lets not quality heavyweights last almost until the very end.

And **** Lennox Lewis I'm not a fan. He was pretty boring himself. If it wasn't for Vital getting cut Vital would have knocked him the **** out.
          Tyson was shorter. There was a lot more leg power going into his punches as he punched up and came forward. He was a real aggressive fighter.

They are basically in the Lennox Lewis mould. That whole chess-playing mentality. And that comes from bein such big targets.

A shorter opponent with power coming inside at them could be very dangerous if they don't use that jab technique to keep them in line.

But the ******s who hate them do it cos they aren't american.

Same thing when Lewis was champ. People called Lewis gay..all kinds of things basically cos his style was technically balanced and not overly aggressive.
          Last edited by DET. IRONSIDE; 09-13-2010, 04:18 AM.

Comment

I don't understand the hate either, I was very impressed with his performance against Peter. It's like I told my younger brother (Who was also watchin'), my younger brother was complaining about how Wlad would lean into Peter and neutralize Peter's hooks, also the clinching. So I told him "You gotta admit though, it's smart" and he tells me "I'm not gonna lie, I'd probably do the same shit". I also used to hate the Klitschkos, but I've come to acknowledge how good they are. I still wish Wlad would throw more hooks and uppercuts though, other then that...all is good.

Comment

Because that's how it works.... lonely at the top.

Comment

" - They were born in a former Soviet republic
                - They are white Europeans
                - Their excellent defensive skills make them difficult to hit
                - They defeat their opponents so easily
                - They feel the heavyweight champion should be Black
                - They are not from the UK
                - Because they are intelligent, educated men
                - They are better than the hater's favorite boxer
                - Because they are not Americans
                - Because being successful men, they make losers jealous "

this **** is just too funny

why do u hate mayweather and haye?

the truth is ppl are diffrent, they like diffrent styles of boxing and diffrent personalitys in boxing. all fighters have fans who like them and fans who dislike them, and there are always those from both sides who take it too far.

i love how there are two racist options, "bcuz they are white" and "bcuz ppl think the champ should be black"

the "they make losers jealous" one is golden too.

the best part might be that the by far biggest reason ppl dislike them is left out, their fans.

for two fighters to be so intelligent and classy its kind of crazy how they attract the most low class ******s out there. ppl are acctually embarassed to be klitschko fans not bcuz of the klitschkos but bcuz they dont want to be associated with other klitschko fans.
                Last edited by #1Assassin; 09-13-2010, 04:53 AM.

Comment

I don't hate them but IMO there biggest skill is their physical advantages and not that their technically great boxers. Take Wlad against Peter. Only threw about 2 uppercuts when Peters was hanging his head, ripe for the uppercut after about the 2 round. Thats not the mark of a great boxer.

It was clear is the Perters fight that all that time spent clinching was solely down to Wlad. He would use his size to throw arms over Peters then lean into him. He would have been happy to do this for 12 rounds. This is not great defence, it's the sign of someone who is scared to take a shot. (Yes playing to your strengths and fear is a good thing but not to the extent the bore bros take it too)
                  Anyone who says they are great I have to disagree. If they didn't have there physical advantages they'd be domestic level fighters at best as there 'great' defensive abilities should read 'great physical advantages'. If Wald was the same height as Peters he wouldn't have been able to tie him up so easily and then he would have to actually have some technique on the inside.

If I'm paying for PPV to watch those too and seen nothing but jab-straight right hand clinch and lean for 10 rounds before they let a few punches go I'd feel hard done by.

Their not liked simply because they are not entertaining. Lets face if you were to watch a pacman fight then either one of those two you'd be forgiven for thinking it was an entirely different sport!

Most entertaining thing about sats fight was the ring entrance...

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                    Me personally, I'm not a fan of Wlad because he is too patient in the ring. Just like I never liked Lewis.
                    I don't want to imagine, how a match between Wlad and Lennox would look like. Jesus!

Comment

First off, a lot of Americans aren't even into the HW division that much because there's no good American HW fighting.
                      Secondly, Wlad's style is not fun to watch, even Mayweather is more exciting to watch. He doesn't utilize his size to make his fights more exciting to watch.
                      Third, the difference in size/skill between the Kilts and the rest of the HW division are just too wide to make any match up exciting.

Haye is the only guy with a puncher's chance.
                      Last edited by qwerty07; 09-13-2010, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X