Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ricky Hatton Appreciation Thread...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatton doesn't get enough credit for the win over Kostya Tszyu. He may have been past his prime, but he was still the #3 P4P fighter in the world, and was still the most dominant 140lber at the time (probably the most dominant of all-time). People can say it was a dirty fight all they want, but it was dirty both ways, and in the end he won on skills.

Still, Hatton didn't clean out the division the way Tszyu did once the title was his. He beat a lot of above-average fighters, but came up way short when he took his game to the next level.
    Last edited by Dead Ringer; 09-12-2010, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      If he does comeback, he should fight Kell Brook at 147.
      I dont want to see Ricky take that fight, at this point he could easily loose it, and if he lost to Kell Brook, he would probably end up committing suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Buffman View Post
        Boxing isn't rocket science. I don't have to "study". I can pick a hypejob or a 2 dimensional dip**** from a mile away.

I got intuition most people can't even begin to understand.

My betting record and picks prove this.

I'm the gold standard when it comes to breaking down fights.
        STFU,

first of your betting record with me does prove this. Sine from all our bets I have won them all.

You the gold standard of ****. You probably never seen Witter full fight.

Anyways, Hatton ducked him and fought lesser fighters. And, ducking is when you decide to fight lesser fighters than fight a top fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I dont want to see Ricky take that fight, at this point he could easily loose it, and if he lost to Kell Brook, he would probably end up committing suicide.
          I was thinking Brook cuz it is kinda like a passing of the torch kind of thing. I was thinking Khan. But, Khan has already a lot of hype and star potential to him. Brook IMO is a good UK prospect that needs some hype. And, a win over Hatton could give him that.

That is where I am coming from.

Or Hatton can have one gimme fight in the U.K in front of his fans and leave walk away with a win.

That would be cool too.

Comment

STFU,

first of your betting record with me does prove this. Sine from all our bets I have won them all.

You the gold standard of ****. You probably never seen Witter full fight.

Anyways, Hatton ducked him and fought lesser fighters. And, ducking is when you decide to fight lesser fighters than fight a top fighter.
            I've had the misfortune of seeing Witter fight more than once. Based on this, I can say without any doubt that Ricky would've beat his ass.

You can try to diminish me all you want, but outside of picking JMM to beat Fraud, ( a heart bet) I'm almost never wrong.

I've boxed and studied boxing all my life. I'd be a great fighter if in my own right if I didn't care about my pretty face so much and I'd make for a great trainer if I could tolerate the scumbags you gotta deal with on a day to day basis in your average boxing gym.

I'd rather be a fan who does an occasional radio show though.

Comment

hatton hated witter so much that he didnt even want to give him a payday.

hatton wasnt the most skilled technician,but he had some entertainment and his own individual style kind of.

he was humoures likable man of the people also.

and he atleast tried to be the best in the world,he dared to have a go,unlike calzaghe who stayed home for a decade fighting mandatories.

the press are scum,just looking to ruin peoples lives for wads of filthy money.

its no shock to me that hatton a working class heavy drinker might dabble in some coke and whatever else he does,i mean sure its not good for his health,and not best example,but he ****in human aint he?,hes not harmin anyone else neither.

he should cut down on it all though,his family wont be pleased with it,and his health should be better,the one gripe is his unproffesionalism as a pro fighter to have such a bad lifestyle whilst he was active.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Buffman View Post
                I've had the misfortune of seeing Witter fight more than once. Based on this, I can say without any doubt that Ricky would've beat his ass.

You can try to diminish me all you want, but outside of picking JMM to beat Fraud, ( a heart bet) I'm almost never wrong.

I've boxed and studied boxing all my life. I'd be a great fighter if in my own right if I didn't care about my pretty face so much and I'd make for a great trainer if I could tolerate the scumbags you gotta deal with on a day to day basis in your average boxing gym.

I'd rather be a fan who does an occasional radio show though.

Sure Jack, just know that you have never beaten me in a bet. And, with your rational of thinking you never will. Even if you bet with your head or heart, it wouldn't matter.

Hatton wasn't all that so there is no way to say that he could of easily beat Witter. Since he would of had problems with that style.

But, this is not even about who would win. That doesn't matter what matters is that Hatton ducked Witter. And, you here making excuses, defending, and trying to justify another duck.

Comment

Ricky Hatton is a legend - Period.

Comment

I was thinking Brook cuz it is kinda like a passing of the torch kind of thing. I was thinking Khan. But, Khan has already a lot of hype and star potential to him. Brook IMO is a good UK prospect that needs some hype. And, a win over Hatton could give him that.

That is where I am coming from.

Or Hatton can have one gimme fight in the U.K in front of his fans and leave walk away with a win.

That would be cool too.
                    Yeah i see what your saying, i like Brook too. But i think Brook could actually beat him up pretty bad at this point, maybe. I just dont think he should go out like that, i'd prefer to see go out with an entertaining competitive fight against atleast half decent opposition, although that will be hard to find for him at this point, that way win or loose he goes out well.

Comment

Originally posted by jonesy View Post
                      Ricky Hatton is a legend - Period.
                      In reality not even a HOF'er.

Comment

Working...
                      X