Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios: "I'll Fight Ortiz @138. A P**sy, Crybaby, Piece Of Shh, MF" (Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ the thread title

rios definitely sounds like a gentleman

Comment

why make ortiz come down to 138. thats some bull**** if he wanna fight then go up to 140!

Comment

LLS that is some sucka **** how Rios gonna come into a fight at 135 weighing 151 and ask for a catchweight against a fighter who fights at 140. Why even mention the catchweight?

Boxing is truly ****ed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
          yeah i agree

ortiz is by far a better boxer and has some power to boot there's no way he gets dragged into the kind of fight peterson did on saturday ortiz is way too skilled for rios
          Why not?

Ortiz was way too skilled for Maidana. Yet Maidana dragged him into that kind of fight. Is Maidana more skilled than Rios?

I agree that Ortiz might be too skilled, he might be too big, might punch too hard, and ultimately beat Rios.

However, Rios is also skilled and also has the pressure and style to drag Ortiz in that kind of fight.

The thing with me is that I am still not sure about Rios heart and toughness even though I think he has plenty. I need to see a fight where he does get push to the wall and see how he reacts. However, I already seen how Ortiz reacted when it happened to him.

So if somehow it becomes a war as of right now I would favor Rios. Until Rios shows me that he can't handle it. Ortiz would have to outbox him to win however he could also get dragged into a fight. It has happened before and it can happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
            why make ortiz come down to 138. thats some bull**** if he wanna fight then go up to 140!
            Did you guys not watch the post fight interview with Larry Merchant?

For the last time he said he would go to 140. He don't care he just wants to fight Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Did you guys not watch the post fight interview with Larry Merchant?

For the last time he said he would go to 140. He don't care he just wants to fight Ortiz.
              Most people feel he should have never even mentioned 138. Especially considering what he weighed coming into the ring against Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguarJames View Post
                It's obviously personal between these two. I think it has to do with Ortiz firing Robert Garcia before the Maidana fight. Garcia had brought Ortiz out to Cali as a teen and even assumed legal guardianship of him as he guided his career.
                it's waaaay more than that

he and Roberto have both told me stories on Vic and the character he really is and to be honest the Maidana fight did not surprise either guy.

it's a very legit beef not made up at all

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                  Most people feel he should have never even mentioned 138. Especially considering what he weighed coming into the ring against Peterson.
                  But, you do understand that this interview was before the Peterson right? So he still hadn't weigh 151 on fight night since it was 2 days before fight night.

At the post fighter interview he said 138 or 140 or whatever.

Basically just saying he doesn't care and wants to fight. And, he would go to 140 to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by .The Dreamer View Post
                    Ah, the DLH/Vargas rivalry lives on through their prospects

Would be funny if it turned into the Hatfield-McCoy of boxing with Ortiz and Rios then passing it down to other young boxers as they get older and so on
                    Rios is a Top Rank fight not with Vargas Entertainment. He just brought him in because they are friends

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTown2Diego View Post
                      It all stems from beef between Vargas and Ortiz. Their paths cross on occasion and for whatever reason Vargas felt disrespected or felt Ortiz owed him more respect than what he felt he received. Rios being a Vargas boy simply picks it up from there along with their history in the amateurs. It's always something petty like that that makes you say "thats it?". Of course it doesn't help that Vic is a GBP kid
                      there's more

Comment

Working...
                      X