Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No One In History Has Won More Lineal Titles In Different Weight Classes Than Manny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
    So your saying that if Pac and May face off for the WW lineal (which is currently vacant) it will be of less importance than Mayweather beating Baldo since he "was the man"?
    MAdsweeney you'd have a fiar point if floyd had not just beaten the lineal champ. He decided not to pay the sanctioning fee for Shane's WBA belt. if they fight at 147 it would be for the lineal title because floyd is again the lineal champ.

And to answer your questio, if floyd and manny fought at 154 for the vacant lineal belt, it wouldn't mean as much to me if either had beaten martinez for the lineal title. Why?

because manny nor floyd deserves to fight for the lineal 154 lb title when (assume) they would be a combined 2-0 at 154 (1-0 if you consider the 150 lb catchweight.) They would fight for the lineal title over more deserving JMW's because theyare connected to the right poromotional companies.
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 09-08-2010, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Typical bull****. Big up Pac Linear tiltles **** on floyds.

Comment

Originally posted by el rey View Post
        If we're going to be fair here, Pacquiao fought only 1 fight at junior welterweight and that was against Ricky Hatton which some fans will call a 'british bum' but when it involves Pacquiao, those same very fans will call him, "one of the greatest 140 lbsers". Pacquiao won the title, but does that make him an automatic top junior welterweight? If you're to prove yourself as the legit champ, then dominate it and accomplish it like Chavez did, Tszyu did and that's I don't get Manny's accomplishments. The way some Pac fans disregard Baldomir's capture of a belt is just as insulting to Pac since he was able to win a title against a fighter at both 135 lbs and 140 lbs. Should really garner him those 2 weight divisions? Before anyone get's butthurt, I'm questioning the guys titles not his skill , so relax. He KO'd both those guys and I'm not trying to take that away...just the significance
        I don't know who ever has called Hatton one of the greatest 140 lbers ever. However, lets not compare him to Baldomir.

Baldomir beat one top 10 fighter in Judah. That is his name to fame and Clottey but Clottey wasn't the top 10 in the moment and was a DQ win in a fight that he was getting beat in his home country. However, what did Baldomir do after Judah? Beat a shot Gatti? Then what?

Hatton beat Tszyu, then what did he do? Unified against a top 10 in Maussa, beat a top 10 in Urango, beat a top 10 in Malignaggi. He did this at 140. Is not like he beat Tszyu and that is it. That was his only name to fame. No he went on and defended that title beating other top 10 dudes and unifying. Baldomir didn't. Really you can not compare the 2. Hatton>Baldomir.

Baldomir really equals David Diaz the only difference is that Diaz didn't have a Zab Judah a lineal champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
          so how's that much different from what i said? i did mention 1960s and that's where most intermediate weights were starting to get recognized by major sanctioning bodies. and didnt i say half a century? so off by a few years like 1959 and you act so high and mighty? lol gtfoh.
          No you said, is not like this is the 1960's where there are ONLY 8 divisions.

By the 1960's there were already like 14 divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            I don't know who ever has called Hatton one of the greatest 140 lbers ever. However, lets not compare him to Baldomir.

Baldomir beat one top 10 fighter in Judah. That is his name to fame and Clottey but Clottey wasn't the top 10 in the moment and was a DQ win in a fight that he was getting beat in his home country. However, what did Baldomir do after Judah? Beat a shot Gatti? Then what?

Hatton beat Tszyu, then what did he do? Unified against a top 10 in Maussa, beat a top 10 in Urango, beat a top 10 in Malignaggi. He did this at 140. Is not like he beat Tszyu and that is it. That was his only name to fame. No he went on and defended that title beating other top 10 dudes and unifying. Baldomir didn't. Really you can not compare the 2. Hatton>Baldomir.

Baldomir really equals David Diaz the only difference is that Diaz didn't have a Zab Judah a lineal champ.
            I hear you but the Hatton who fought Manny wasn't any better - and might've been worse - than the Baldomir who Floyd fought. Ehh whatever, neither of them get that lineal title crap for those wins IMO. Although I consider Floyd the legit, linear champ at 147 today.

Comment

He lost to floyd after beating zab and gatti. I think its hard to say he didn't do anything. he fought 3 straight guys who were clearly "better" than him. he beat 2 and lost 1. But yeah he was in the right weight at the right time.

Comment

How many Lineal titles has Floyd won?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  I think his problem is that you dont acknowlege Floyds win at 147 over the lineal champ at the time. but you are quick to point out manny's win over JMM for the vacant title
                  WTF are you talking about I do recognize his win and give him credit for it. However, is not worth more than the 2 best fighters fighting for the vacant title.

He thinks Pac didn't win it or earned it or whatever that he was "awarded" the title. Ok if we go by that logic none of the lineal WW champs after Tito won it. Because, nobody beat him. How are you suppose to fill up a vacant lineal claim?

Awarded? No he won it plain and simple and beat a better fighter for it too.

Comment

No you said, is not like this is the 1960's where there are ONLY 8 divisions.

By the 1960's there were already like 14 divisions.
                    11 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      Not my logic at all. My only point is "best in the division" is subjective while "lineal champ" is not. Manny was "awarded" the lineal title he did not "win" it. Subtle diference but difference non the less.

Its difficult to argue reputation vs wins/losses. Baldo may not be the "best" but he had more "accomplishments" then the other guys who we all feel would beat him easily.
                      Disagree, Margarito was more accomplished at the time than Baldomir was at the time. And, the better fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X