Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No One In History Has Won More Lineal Titles In Different Weight Classes Than Manny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    There is reall no comparison with Pac and Armstrong. None whatsoever.
    Thank you. I am incredibly sick of hearing this comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
      Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

At 112 pounds, Manny dethroned Chatchai Sasakul for the lineal title.
      At 126 pounds, Manny dethroned Marco Antonio Barrera for the lineal title.
      At 130 pounds, Manny won the vacant lineal title over Juan Manuel Marquez.
      At 140 pounds, Manny dethroned Ricky Hatton for the lineal title.

Has anyone ever won more lineal titles in more seperate divisions?
      No. Robinson won six titles in two weight divisions as a record of sorts but never in more classes. as to the argument that some of the classes weren't around at some points...well, sort of. There once was no Flyweight class; once was no Light Heavyweight (a LONG time ago). 130 has been a fairly permanent fixture for over 50 years and had a healthy stretch in the 20s and 30s including Kid Chocolate. 140 had Jack Berg, Canzo, Ross...if you're winning titles those dudes held, you're winning titles with real history and merit.

As to Armstrong, no, there is no comparison heads up. He beat more guys, fought more guys, more times, and managed not only the trifecta but the still enduring Welterweight consecutive defense record. SICK. Comparison can be made relative to generational constraints though. If Manny beats Floyd to lay a clear claim to the title at Welter...Flyweight to Welter...that would be fairly incomprehensible.
      Last edited by crold1; 09-08-2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X