Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!!! I'm Starting To Think Margarito Has A Shot!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! I'm Starting To Think Margarito Has A Shot!

I was of the belief that Pacquiao was too fast for Margarito and he would just move in and out while tagging him at will, but I can't keep acting as if Margarito will respect Pacquiao's power and Manny is some sort of defensive genius.

Margarito won't just stand in front of Pacquiao letting himself get picked apart and giving Manny a rest period. He's going to be walking Pac down nonstop and throwing 4,5,6+ punch combinations even when he's out of range.

Mosley was smart and strong enough to hold Margarito every time he was in range to land. And after he held, he'd walk Margarito backwards to tire him out.

Can Pacquiao do this constantly? If not, how is he going to keep Margarito at bay?

Pacquiao doesn't seem to have the lateral footwork that it takes to keep Margarito off balance and on the outside. Nor does he have an exceptional inside game where he can block punches if he does get inside.

He can throw tons of punches like Williams, but Margarito will only wait for so long before he says 'A la verga guey' and forces his way inside. Margarito is 5'11'' and his main punches are the straight right hand and left uppercut, they will work well against a shorter southpaw.

If Margarito can get to Pacquiao's body early, it'll get very interesting down the stretch.

I still think Pacquiao will win because Roach is a master at game planning and if he has Pacquiao going to the body early, all of the above will be annulled, but if not this will be Pacquiao's toughest fight since JMM II.

I also started to think James Toney had a shot to beat Randy...

In reality, Pac should beat Tony by either a late TKO or decision

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
      I also started to think James Toney had a shot to beat Randy...

In reality, Pac should beat Tony by either a late TKO or decision
      C'mon man.. those two scenarios are not even comparable.

Comment

na bro margarito has no shot. It's pretty much like the cotto vs marg fight (manny being cotto) except this time Manny doesn't get tired and let Marg catch up to him.

Comment

It's a fight so anything can happen, Margarito is bigger and taller obviously and brings a high workrate, he's supposedly already in great shape according to his trainer so he won't be spending too much time cutting weight, which means he'll have more time to work on a gameplan. So you never know. I still favor Pacquiao to win without too much trouble though.

Comment

Originally posted by T.I. View Post
            C'mon man.. those two scenarios are not even comparable.
            Are you sure Margarito isn't a 40+ year old mma artist making his first foray into boxing? I could've sworn that was why he mad that comparison, lulz.

Seriously though, he probably disregarded all the tactical and style clash information that was posted in the OP and just thought that I was giving Margarito a shot because the fight is getting closer and he's an underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
              I was of the belief that Pacquiao was too fast for Margarito and he would just move in and out while tagging him at will, but I can't keep acting as if Margarito will respect Pacquiao's power and Manny is some sort of defensive genius.

Margarito won't just stand in front of Pacquiao letting himself get picked apart and giving Manny a rest period. He's going to be walking Pac down nonstop and throwing 4,5,6+ punch combinations even when he's out of range.

Mosley was smart and strong enough to hold Margarito every time he was in range to land. And after he held, he'd walk Margarito backwards to tire him out.

Can Pacquiao do this constantly? If not, how is he going to keep Margarito at bay?

Pacquiao doesn't seem to have the lateral footwork that it takes to keep Margarito off balance and on the outside. Nor does he have an exceptional inside game where he can block punches if he does get inside.

He can throw tons of punches like Williams, but Margarito will only wait for so long before he says 'A la verga guey' and forces his way inside. Margarito is 5'11'' and his main punches are the straight right hand and left uppercut, they will work well against a shorter southpaw.

If Margarito can get to Pacquiao's body early, it'll get very interesting down the stretch.

I still think Pacquiao will win because Roach is a master at game planning and if he has Pacquiao going to the body early, all of the above will be annulled, but if not this will be Pacquiao's toughest fight since JMM II.
              Youn mean walking Pac down like he did with Mosley , come on Margo is inhouse and will not be allowed to kill the Bosses golden goose even if he could , Margo will a be a little more open than Clottey but just as slow and cumbersome he looked crap last time and off a beating and lay off , he aint in it to win it .

Comment

maybe.

he is still bigger and taller and heavier. being at 150-151 helps rather than 147.

people underrate marg because of mosley-marg.

that's a bad example. pacquiao doesn't have the physical tools to do what mosley did.

i watched cotto-marg again the other day though and......marg is so damn slow.

only chance is if he can take pacquiao's punches like nothing. if pacquiao's punches can stun him or hurt him , he has no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  Youn mean walking Pac down like he did with Mosley , come on Margo is inhouse and will not be allowed to kill the Bosses golden goose even if he could , Margo will a be a little more open than Clottey but just as slow and cumbersome he looked crap last time and off a beating and lay off , he aint in it to win it .
                  1. pac is not mosley. he doesn't have mosley's size , strength , chin , etc.

2. pac can't fight like mosley fought marg because of #1.

3. wtf does in house have to do with anything? fighters care about themself not the promotional company.

all of floyd's fights recently have been in house gbp. is there fixing going on there too?

dumb talk. all around.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                    na bro margarito has no shot. It's pretty much like the cotto vs marg fight (manny being cotto) except this time Manny doesn't get tired and let Marg catch up to him.
                    I hope you know that Margarito delivered tons of body shots that helped Cotto get tired. Don't think that Cotto just had a mental breakdown from all the pressure Margarito put on him although it was part of the reason.

Who's the last fighter to actually go to Pacquiao's body?

Comment

Working...
                    X