No announcement yet.

ESPN: Floyd to Announce Opponent This Weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davidoff View Post
    He probably does care, look how defensive he becomes when it's been brought up (interviews after the Marquez and Mosley fights, Brian Kenny interviews, etc.).
    Yeah. Notice how he's not talking to the media? Exactly.

And I think that tactic would have prevented it; look at all the backlash he managed to gather after demanding the tests when negotiations fell through for the first fight. Manny was seen by many as the 'ducker'.
    Nothing would prevent backlash. ****, he was scared to death of Shane Mosley six months ago. Ahh, exactly.

Had he called Manny's bluff then definitely everyone would love him, because, as you confirmed, Manny-Margarito has been finalised for months, so Manny and Arum would have crapped it!
    I don't think Floyd's having a dick measuring contest. If it was a game, he'd be "calling bluff's." He obviously wants the fight with full testing. If Manny won't comply (which he won't), then forget it. No need for "bluffs". This is life.

Comment

• Got a feeling its Berto.

Comment

• Originally posted by borikua View Post
        Got a feeling its Berto.
        Too risky. No reward.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Yeah. Notice how he's not talking to the media? Exactly.

Nothing would prevent backlash. ****, he was scared to death of Shane Mosley six months ago. Ahh, exactly.

I don't think Floyd's having a dick measuring contest. If it was a game, he'd be "calling bluff's." He obviously wants the fight with full testing. If Manny won't comply (which he won't), then forget it. No need for "bluffs". This is life.
          Give me a break, the guy's jumped ship to Don King because of how he's been portrayed after the recent negotiations. To say he doesn't care is ridiculous. To not even be able to comprehend this basic point is a worrying case of fanboy-ism.

I gave credit to Floyd for fighting Shane. I wish he would fight Pac as it would be a fantastic fight, and one which I'm sure Floyd would win comfortably. I've said in the past that Floyd will school Pac, and I still think that's the case.

But that doesn't hide the fact that the way he's been conducting himself makes him look just like a ducker, whether or not he is one. And for sure he cares about how he's looking.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
            Too risky. No reward.
            I don't agree with that. Berto is very beatable, undefeated, and holds the belt that Floyd likes the most (the green WBC belt).

Comment

• Floyd did fight JMM and Shane Mosley in back to back fights right? I think that calls for a tuneup fight.

Pac fought Cotto and Clottey back to back and now he's fighting bum ass Margarito.

Let Floyd get a Margarito caliber fighter to face and then Pac and Floyd get it on in 2011.

Floyd will probably face Tim Bradley or Berto next.

Comment

Give me a break, the guy's jumped ship to Don King because of how he's been portrayed after the recent negotiations. To say he doesn't care is ridiculous. To not even be able to comprehend this basic point is a worrying case of fanboy-ism.
                Please show proof that he's now working with King. And then show proof of why.
                I gave credit to Floyd for fighting Shane. I wish he would fight Pac as it would be a fantastic fight, and one which I'm sure Floyd would win comfortably. I've said in the past that Floyd will school Pac, and I still think that's the case.
                Yeah, I wish Pac would fight him too.

But that doesn't hide the fact that the way he's been conducting himself makes him look just like a ducker, whether or not he is one. And for sure he cares about how he's looking.
                Again, I don't think he cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by borikua View Post
                  I don't agree with that. Berto is very beatable, undefeated, and holds the belt that Floyd likes the most (the green WBC belt).
                  Floyd has had that belt he don't want it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Hall View Post
                    Floyd did fight JMM and Shane Mosley in back to back fights right? I think that calls for a tuneup fight.
                    WTF!!!???

JMM WAS HIS TUNE UP!!! no more ****in tune ups for floyd.

Pac fought Cotto and Clottey back to back and now he's fighting bum ass Margarito.
                    cotto, clottey, margarito are all top 10 WWs.

JMM isn't even ranked at jr WW (or atleast he shouldn't be).

Let Floyd get a Margarito caliber fighter to face and then Pac and Floyd get it on in 2011.
                    hell the **** no. pac's been fighting tough fights since 126 lbs. he's only had a handful of tune ups and busy fights.

every other floyd fight is a tune up or stay busy fights. no one wants to pay for that bull****.

Floyd will probably face Tim Bradley or Berto next.
                    I doubt it.

1) bradley doesn't sell.

2) berto is advised by haymon

more than likely, floyd will fight khan or alexander.

Comment

how's he been conducting himself? really?

after he whips pacquiao then what?...on to the next media hype creation
                      designed to defeat floyd?

everyone of you floyd haters need to shut the **** up and realize that
                      this is life and that man is human like everybody else and can do what
                      the fucck he feels....just like anyone else....

stop puttin' the blame on floyd when pissyaio don't even wanna keep
                      the sport clean...

shane mosley agreed to full OST that's why him and floyd fought
                      that fillipino dude don't care about fighting clean otherwise he would
                      have taken the tests and proved that he was the better man...

Comment

Working...
                      X