Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins vs Jean Pascal: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard Hopkins vs Jean Pascal: Who Wins?

Vote in the poll...

I have Bernard by UD...
    Hopkins On The Cards
    33.33%
    Pascal On The Cards
    43.33%
    Hopkins By KO/TKO
    8.33%
    Pascal by KO/TKO
    11.67%
    Draw/Undecided/Bernard would never lose to a Canadian
    3.33%

The poll is expired.

I have Pascal on the cards. Age will eventually catch up with him.

Been 2 years since he has fought anyone decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Jones View Post
      I have Pascal on the cards. Age will eventually catch up with him.
      Pascal looked like something was catching up to him against Dawson...

Bernard could bank in some early body work and possibly wear him down...

And Bernard as lethargic as he looked last fight won't be nearly as easy to hit as Chad...

But I respect you Mr. Jones...and your music

Comment

I think Pascal has too much movement for BHop. Probably leads to Pascal winning an ugly decision. I

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
          Pascal looked like something was catching up to him against Dawson...

Bernard could bank in some early body work and possibly wear him down...

And Bernard as lethargic as he looked last fight won't be nearly as easy to hit as Chad...

But I respect you Mr. Jones...and your music
          haha thanks.

Still haven't got around to watching Hopkins V Jones Jr 2. Heard it was terrible.

What did you make of Hopkins in that fight?

Pascal V Hopkins would have to be in Canada to sell big in my eyes. They'd have to hype the whole Canada V USA thing for it to be even bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Jones View Post
            haha thanks.

Still haven't got around to watching Hopkins V Jones Jr 2. Heard it was terrible.

What did you make of Hopkins in that fight?

Pascal V Hopkins would have to be in Canada to sell big in my eyes. They'd have to hype the whole Canada V USA thing for it to be even bigger.
            It was terrible outside of maybe Round 6 or one of the middle rounds where Roy hit him behind the head and Bernard acted like someone shot him...and then Bernard tried to kill him...

Roy didn't wanna fight and Bernard looked like he had no problem with that...

Not as bad as Spinks-Taylor but not too far off...Bernard won almost every round...very ugly fight...Bernard looked way better against Ornelas...

I think Bernard fools people...one good performance...then he looks horrible...then he looks good again...but the age has deff affected his stamina

Comment

If Hopkins has anything left which is hard to tell after the Jones fight which was pretty bad, I think he can definitely pull this off. If he doesn't then Pascal wins a decision and hopefully Hopkins retires. But even if he does have something left, if Hopkins wins I hope he either fights Dawson or retires.

He has nothing left to prove, I love him to death and don't want to see his legacy possibly hurt by aging losses.

Comment

Pascal by decision, possibly controversially. Would depend on how Pascal fought.

Comment

i think hopkins wears down pascal to get a win on the cards. i think hopkins pins him up against the ropes and doesn't let him circle all night like dawson let him.

i also think pascal would fight hopkins a lot different, i think he will come forward more and engage in trading more misjudging hopkins abilities at his age. something similar to the hopkins pavlik fight, with pascal thinking he's going to have his way all to find out that hopkins is in control and he's fighting hopkins fight.

i don't think pascal has the stamina and the technique to survive against hopkins if he is dead tired or gets stunned, dawson let those opportunites slip through, hopkins knows his openings and does what he can to exploit them.

pascal can beat hopkins, that isnt out of the equation, he has the capabilites, but there arent' many mistakes he can make against hopkins, so if pascal can fight a error free fight or close to perfect he can beat hopkins or if hopkins has in fact turned into popkins.

i got hopkins pulling out the UD in this match up.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
                    i think hopkins wears down pascal to get a win on the cards. i think hopkins pins him up against the ropes and doesn't let him circle all night like dawson let him.

i also think pascal would fight hopkins a lot different, i think he will come forward more and engage in trading more misjudging hopkins abilities at his age. something similar to the hopkins pavlik fight, with pascal thinking he's going to have his way all to find out that hopkins is in control and he's fighting hopkins fight.

i don't think pascal has the stamina and the technique to survive against hopkins if he is dead tired or gets stunned, dawson let those opportunites slip through, hopkins knows his openings and does what he can to exploit them.

pascal can beat hopkins, that isnt out of the equation, he has the capabilites, but there arent' many mistakes he can make against hopkins, so if pascal can fight a error free fight or close to perfect he can beat hopkins or if hopkins has in fact turned into popkins.

i got hopkins pulling out the UD in this match up.

Comment

Working...
                    X