Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins vs Jean Pascal: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
    i think hopkins wears down pascal to get a win on the cards. i think hopkins pins him up against the ropes and doesn't let him circle all night like dawson let him.

i also think pascal would fight hopkins a lot different, i think he will come forward more and engage in trading more misjudging hopkins abilities at his age. something similar to the hopkins pavlik fight, with pascal thinking he's going to have his way all to find out that hopkins is in control and he's fighting hopkins fight.

i don't think pascal has the stamina and the technique to survive against hopkins if he is dead tired or gets stunned, dawson let those opportunites slip through, hopkins knows his openings and does what he can to exploit them.

pascal can beat hopkins, that isnt out of the equation, he has the capabilites, but there arent' many mistakes he can make against hopkins, so if pascal can fight a error free fight or close to perfect he can beat hopkins or if hopkins has in fact turned into popkins.

i got hopkins pulling out the UD in this match up.
    this is a very smart assessment and I think it could be something akin to this

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
      Well don't laugh then...

I've been to Canada and don't have any problem with Canadians...

And don't get too hype on Pascal...he's good but he aint THAT good!
      Good for you, but Pascal deserves some respect, he did beat Diaconu with a dislocated shoulder and won almost every rounds against Dawson... I don't see how Hopkins can beat him but i you think he can, i respect your opinion.

Comment

I actually give Hopkins a pretty good chance at winning this fight, I don't think Pascal's style would give him as much trouble as Dawson's would. I think this fight comes down to how much Hopkins has left, it does look like age is catching up to him a bit, he got hit more than he had to against Ornelas and obviously didn't look good when he fought Jones, but you know what? I have a feeling Hopkins would be able to pull it off one more time.

Comment

pascal will win !!! because hopkins is just too old !!!

Comment

So, this poll is close because Bernard Hopkins would be fighting with a blind-fold on?

Comment

hopkins would complain to the ref by round 2. by round 5 im sure someone would have been warned and points would have possibly been deducted. uts always going to be ugly with b-hop. pascal has alot of movement and theres no way hopkins would win over any judges if the fight is in montreal. hopkins is an amazing fighter even at his age, but i wouldnt put my money on him against any of these young guys today.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint650 View Post
                hopkins would complain to the ref by round 2. by round 5 im sure someone would have been warned and points would have possibly been deducted. uts always going to be ugly with b-hop. pascal has alot of movement and theres no way hopkins would win over any judges if the fight is in montreal. hopkins is an amazing fighter even at his age, but i wouldnt put my money on him against any of these young guys today.
                Bhops stamina > Pascals stamina. Bhop might be older with age but there's something up with Pascals stamina.

Comment

Pascal by KO.

Comment

Pascal by decision, the activity will win the rounds, it'll be close but Jean wins

Comment

Pascal by UD. He's young, tough, intelligent, decent power, excellent chin and above all, very disciplined. Dawson lost against Pascal on the basis of Pascal flawlessly following the strategy his team developed, nothing else. Same will happen in the Bhop fight. Pascal will stick to his strategy and win this one. Bhop is 45 years old. Terrific fighter by has seen better days.

Comment

Working...
                      X