Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Jones beat Ruiz, you think he coulda beat Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dubstep Demon View Post
    hahah what a ******,no wonder you are in the red,its where idiots like you should be
    Because I could give 2 ****s about red K? I say what I believe knowing damn well it will get me red k. I knew all the British Lennox fans with a blind loyalty to their phony champion would come out of the woodwork to defend their hero and hit me with red k, and I didn't think twice about red k because I would rather speak the truth and be red than not and be green.

Believe what you want about Lennox Lewis, those who know boxing and followed his career know the truth about Lennox and he is not what his British followers believe him to be. He is a phony champion who never fought fighters at their best. He waited until they were shot, or outright never fought them - that's the way history will remember him, unlike Roy Jones, who will be remembered as an ATG and arguably a top 20 P4P atg.

Jones' technique, skills, and overall boxing ability FAR trumps Lennox Lewis.

And to the idiot that brought up Vitali taking right hands - How can you compare Vitali to Roy? One stands there like Dr. Roboto and moves like the Terminator and the other is an out of this world freakshow of power and speed that the boxing world has never seen before.

Roy Jones Jr. is far greater than Lennox, will be remembered as such, and has a great chance of knocking Lennox out had they ever fought when Roy was fighting at heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
      At least Ricky was breathing, whereas I questioned if Roy was still alive after that Tarver KO...lol

I can't even imagine what Roy would look like after Lennox landed that huge right hand.
      I take it you never saw either fight.

Comment

Originally posted by .-|Akrobatic|-. View Post
        roy went to lewis for a fight, lewis told him he was not gonna fight again

roy announced this in an interview with jim lampley ages before lewis himself
        Roy wanted too much for the bout and HBO preferred Byrd. They settled on Tyson but that fell through. Then Holyfield and Jones agreed but Evander pulled out of the scheduled November bout with Jones over a financial dispute with King. And thus...Roy moved back down and fought Tarver.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
          At least Ricky was breathing, whereas I questioned if Roy was still alive after that Tarver KO...lol

I can't even imagine what Roy would look like after Lennox landed that huge right hand.
          Interesting.

Considering Hatton didn't move for 10 minutes.. and Roy got on his feet by the count of 10.

But uh.... sure.

Comment

Roy vs Holyfield or Chris Byrd would have been good fights if he would have stayed at HW.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              Interesting.

Considering Hatton didn't move for 10 minutes.. and Roy got on his feet by the count of 10.

But uh.... sure.
              Dude is always talking out of his ass. I don't even know why he has a neck. Jones was counted out standing UP (barely).

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
                Roy vs Holyfield or Chris Byrd would have been good fights if he would have stayed at HW.
                I agree, Chris Byrd would have been a great matchup for Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
                  http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/...real_knoc.html

Holyfield and Thomas had been negotiating for three months to get a bout with Jones, who recently turned his attention to Lewis. Holyfield refused to sign a new agreement with King to make the Jones fight.

"Yes, I had the chance to fight for the title, but I'm not going to let someone abuse me," Holyfield said. "I'm not going to sign another contract with Don King and give him options and let him take advantage of me."

King is the promoter for Hopkins and Jones, as long as Jones holds the WBA heavyweight title. If Jones decides to ditch the WBA belt and fight Lewis for his WBC title, King will be farther out in the cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                    Jones was the first middleweight champion to win a heavyweight championship of the world in over 100 years.
                    A lot of people sleep on this fact, All i see now is how RJJ ducked so so and so but you tell them to name who RJJ ducked and they cant name one.

Comment

Lewis by Manslaughter

Comment

Working...
                      X