Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Jones beat Ruiz, you think he coulda beat Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    I take it you never saw either fight.
    I meant Glen Johnson and was making reference to this KO.....specifically 00:58-till finish of video. If Johnson's right did that to him, imagine what Lennox Lewis' would have done.

Last edited by Khalid X; 08-12-2010, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
      I meant Glen Johnson and was making reference to this KO

No kidding.

Comment

that post has a bit of hatred in it, roy would have gave any the heavyweights at that time problems with his speed, personally i don't think lennox wouldve caught roy.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post

Roy Jones Jr. is far greater than Lennox, will be remembered as such, and has a great chance of knocking Lennox out had they ever fought when Roy was fighting at heavy.
          Totally different weight class, totally different level of competition. Jones was great at every weight class he fought at, except heavyweight, and lets be honest here. The reason Byrd never fought Lewis is the same reason Roy didn't. They were both too small to beat him. Lewis had everything it takes to beat small heavyweights, just like Wlad does now. Saying Jones would beat Lewis is just like saying Jones would beat Wlad.

Comment

Lewis would of just landed an uppercut and Roy Jones would of been the first blackman on the moon.
            Last edited by barryx; 08-12-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AllyboyJNR View Post
              that post has a bit of hatred in it, roy would have gave any the heavyweights at that time problems with his speed, personally i don't think lennox wouldve caught roy.
              I can't see that, and here's why:

Lennox Lewis was a huge HW. Not only that but he was extremely skilled and had a great Jab. Roy stays on the outside then it's jab jab, career ending right hand. If roy tried to go in and out, Honestly there is no way roy could win this as Lennox

Both Klitschko are also extremely harge HW's. Vitali is good at controlling distance and has a great right, and Wlad had an even better jab to that would tag roy all night.

Then you have smaller HW's but the problem with them was they were fast (not close to Roy's speed) but were the bigger punchers in the division. If either Tyson or Tua graze Roy with one of those punches, then it's game over for him.

No shame in any of that because I feel the hardest jump in boxing is _____ to heavyweight. Even from cruiserweight to HW is pretty hard, in comparison to other divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                Because I could give 2 ****s about red K? I say what I believe knowing damn well it will get me red k. I knew all the British Lennox fans with a blind loyalty to their phony champion would come out of the woodwork to defend their hero and hit me with red k, and I didn't think twice about red k because I would rather speak the truth and be red than not and be green.

Believe what you want about Lennox Lewis, those who know boxing and followed his career know the truth about Lennox and he is not what his British followers believe him to be. He is a phony champion who never fought fighters at their best. He waited until they were shot, or outright never fought them - that's the way history will remember him, unlike Roy Jones, who will be remembered as an ATG and arguably a top 20 P4P atg.

Jones' technique, skills, and overall boxing ability FAR trumps Lennox Lewis.

And to the idiot that brought up Vitali taking right hands - How can you compare Vitali to Roy? One stands there like Dr. Roboto and moves like the Terminator and the other is an out of this world freakshow of power and speed that the boxing world has never seen before.

Roy Jones Jr. is far greater than Lennox, will be remembered as such, and has a great chance of knocking Lennox out had they ever fought when Roy was fighting at heavy.
                Tyson wanted no parts of Lennox.

Comment

Lewis would have murdered jones

Comment

Originally posted by barryx View Post
                    Lewis would of just landed an uppercut and Roy Jones would of been the first blackman on the moon.
                    Yeah I can only imagine. Tyson is my favorite fighter of all-time but that uppercut Lennox landed on him was nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Tyson wanted no parts of Lennox.
                      I don't agree, but that's another argument (very long one at that) for another day.

Comment

Working...
                      X