Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harold Lederman: "Floyd has too much PRIDE, he'd fight Pacquiao even for 20 bucks"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad, he didn't show his pride when Cotto was on his ass and a lot of people thought he would beat him. After he knocked out Judah in a sold out MSG or after he decisioned Mosley at a sold out MSG.

Instead of fighting an overrated Hatton (he was pretty high up on P4P lists) and selling 900K, they would have hit 1.5.

Comment

if it was all about pride for floyd, then he'd settle for 50/50.

Comment

Obviously, Floyd will not fight Pac for 20 bucks but I do agree with Harolds premise. The reason why Mayweather often gets very offended and defensive is because the guy really has a lot of pride and cares about his spot in the history of the sport. Sure, he does act childish but as most of us know he is simply driving up sales and building his popularity, good or bad he is a great promoter of himself. You really don't have to look far back to see that Floyd does care, the Hatton fight is a prime example. Floyd took that fight to heart and the emotion showed. He will do the same when he fights Pacquaio. The drug testing has held up the fight a bit but I do believe the major factor is Bob Arum. Floyd demanded tests but I believe that was sort of a cover up, so when he couldn't make a deal with Bob, he could just take the higher ground and make Pac look bad. If Pac promoter was anyone other than Bob I believe this fight would of already happened and without a peep about drug testing.

Comment

I have trouble getting Lederman's point. If Jim thinks that Mayweather doesn't care about money to the point where he'll fight Pacquiao for 20 bucks, how could Jim advance the justification that "financial matters" such as taxes have gotten in the way of the fight being made?

To put it succinctly, if money does not matter, how can money matters matter?

Comment

Agreed. Harold gets one right.

Comment

It wouldn't be fair for floyd to fight pac,pac is damaged goods..he face was busted up by clottey who didn't even throw anything..floyds should find an worthy opponent to f*** with..pacquiao lacks in skills and he recieved a lots of punishment in his last two fights.

Comment

Harold needs to put the bottle down and sober up before spouting off...

Comment

Money is always more important, in Floyd's mind his legacy is complete.

So no, but I do think Floyd will fight Pacquiao at some point.

Comment

Working...
                  X