Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana Rejected Ortiz's Offer For The Sept 18 Mosley-Mora Card?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this aint the first and wont be the last time maidana turns ortiz down.
    lol at corley, did anyone see what happened when he fought freddy hernandez?
    that is less than a tune up bout

Comment

Ortiz outboxes Maidana easily. He got too brave and paid the price Maidana knows he wont beat Ortiz a second time. I wouldnt take the fight either Id rather face Khan and hope I could check his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Ftw View Post
        He has Khan as his mandatory and Bradley is also interested in fighting him. That would be a TITLE SHOT. If he beats one of them, it would open up more gates and he would become a bigger star.

What does Maidana get from Ortiz? He beats him and that does nothing. He loses, and then everyone will say the 1st time was a fluke. That would put him in the gutter.

And Maidana didn't lie about the back injury, it was his manager.
        You can keep throwing those names out, but none of those guys are fighting each other.

He has to fight them first before he can beat them. People can keep saying Bradley, Devon, Khan, etc, but none of those guys are fighting him anytime soon.

He should be thanking Ortiz for the first fight because the majority of boxing fans didn't give a **** about him before the fight. The Ortiz fight put him on the map in the sport of boxing.

Ortiz learned from his mistake and won't be going toe to toe with Marcos again.

Comment

Maidana got REAL lucky against Ortiz the first time...that is why he is scared.
          He is a scared ass *****.
          I see Ortiz destroying ANYONE and EVERYONE at 140 INCLUDING Amir Khan.

Comment

Maidana is Khan's mandatory contender. He's not going to be in any major fights that aren't for a world title. The Corley fight makes sense for him right now.

Comment

So Maidana has turned down Bradley and Ortiz? Maybe people will stop arse licking him now...

Comment

Who ever is comparing the Ortiz vs Maidana rematch to the Pacquiao vs Cotto rematch has to be a ******...bro Ortiz and Maidana was an all out war with Ortiz winning by knock downs and points by the way those two were throwing down anyone could have won...Pacquiao dominated Cotto with knockdowns and points and Cotto really never had Pacquiao in serious trouble...it's not the same ****...Ortiz vs Maidana was a really underrated war...I mean dood no LWW would have survived that ****...that rematch can headline the september 18th card and Maidana can still reject Corley and Ortiz can reject harris to make this rematch happen...this is BS!

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
                  Who ever is comparing the Ortiz vs Maidana rematch to the Pacquiao vs Cotto rematch has to be a ******...bro Ortiz and Maidana was an all out war with Ortiz winning by knock downs and points by the way those two were throwing down anyone could have won...Pacquiao dominated Cotto with knockdowns and points and Cotto really never had Pacquiao in serious trouble...it's not the same ****...Ortiz vs Maidana was a really underrated war...I mean dood no LWW would have survived that ****...that rematch can headline the september 18th card and Maidana can still reject Corley and Ortiz can reject harris to make this rematch happen...this is BS!
                  I understand both points, but if you read my responses you'll see that I side with u more on the matter. However, Maidana did BRUTALIZE Ortiz which one can compare to Pac's victory over Cotto because many view the rematches as equivalently having the same outcome as has been shown by the dominating performances both put on.

Comment

Originally posted by Picatelo View Post
                    I understand both points, but if you read my responses you'll see that I side with u more on the matter. However, Maidana did BRUTALIZE Ortiz which one can compare to Pac's victory over Cotto because many view the rematches as equivalently having the same outcome as has been shown by the dominating performances both put on.

that makes no sense like the other poster said Cotto never had Manny in any trouble and Ortiz was actually winning the fight until the end of the 5th when he got that cut. Ortiz was the better fighter for the majority of the fight and had he actually boxed instead of throwing nothing but powershots he would have cruised to a UD

this new cautious version of Ortiz everybody criticizes will win this rematch and Marcos kknows it thats why he is holding out for the 140 cashcow Khan

Comment

maidana gets nothing for fighting ortiz again,right now anyways!.... he already whopped him and made him quit......maidana has bigger fish to fry!....

Comment

Working...
                      X