Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List: Which of Manny Pacquiao's Opponents Were In Their Prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
    Just because Cotto lost to Margarito and had a close decision with Clottey doesn't mean that he is past prime. Those are two of the best WW in the last ten years and they were suppose to be competitive fights. So does that mean that Mosley was out of prime in the 2nd Forrest fight because he almost knocked him out in the 1st fight. Or that Hameed was past prime when he fought Barrera? nope it doesn't. Cotto was in his prime and still is.
    it's possible cotto was past it.

we never know how a beating like marg gave him would take out of him.

we have to see.

if cotto does good in his next few fights after marg and pac beatings then it's obvious to say he's not past it.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
      Just because Cotto lost to Margarito and had a close decision with Clottey doesn't mean that he is past prime. Those are two of the best WW in the last ten years and they were suppose to be competitive fights. So does that mean that Mosley was out of prime in the 2nd Forrest fight because he almost knocked him out in the 1st fight. Or that Hameed was past prime when he fought Barrera? nope it doesn't. Cotto was in his prime and still is.
      Clottey is not a Top 2 Welterweight in the past 10 years.

I agree though that Cotto wasn't completely past prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        clottey's dumb ass could have beat pac or at least give it a good go.

clottey is not a ko guy but he has damaging punches plus i don't think pac can hurt him.

if he just let his hands go , he might have still lost all the rounds but he could have done a lot of damage and maybe get lucky and gotten a tko due to bruising or eyes closed or something.

even without throwing much he bruised up pac's face pretty bad.
        Honestly I replayed that fight in slow motion and I saw Pac hurt Clottey with a punch in the first round. You could see it in his body language and reaction to it afterwards, and the whole reason why I believe he went into his shell defense.

With that said, Clottey has all the tools to beat Manny. He is great against southpaws, has a great straight right hand, good uppercut and a nice left hook to the body followed by a left hook to the head. I think he should have stayed in Manny's chest and used his size along with trying to push Manny back. If he would have done that then he would have made this fight very competitive.

Comment

Why Joshua Clottey not in the list?

All those in the list are prime,

Oscar, wasn't past his prime, he simply couldn't solve Pacman's speed!

Comment

Lehlohonolo Ledwaba - PRIME
            Marco Antonio Barrera 1 - PAST PRIME
            Marco Antonio Barrera 2 - PAST PRIME
            Juan Manuel Marquez 1 - PRIME
            Juan Manuel Marquez 2 - PRIME
            Erik Morales 1 - PAST PRIME
            Erik Morales 2 - PAST PRIME
            Erik Morales 3 - SHOT
            Oscar Larios - PRIME
            Jorge Solis - PRIME
            David Diaz - PRIME
            Oscar De La Hoya - SHOT
            Ricky Hatton -PRIME
            Miguel Cotto -PAST PRIME(PLASTERED)

Comment

Lehlohonolo Ledwaba - PRIME
              Marco Antonio Barrera 1 - PAST PRIME
              Marco Antonio Barrera 2 - PAST PRIME
              Juan Manuel Marquez 1 - PRIME
              Juan Manuel Marquez 2 - PRIME
              Erik Morales 1 - PAST PRIME
              Erik Morales 2 - PAST PRIME
              Erik Morales 3 - PAST PRIME
              Oscar Larios - PRIME
              Jorge Solis - PRIME
              David Diaz - PRIME
              Oscar De La Hoya - PAST PRIME and Dehydrated
              Ricky Hatton - PAST PRIME
              Miguel Cotto - DAMAGED GOODS

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                clottey's dumb ass could have beat pac or at least give it a good go.

clottey is not a ko guy but he has damaging punches plus i don't think pac can hurt him.

if he just let his hands go , he might have still lost all the rounds but he could have done a lot of damage and maybe get lucky and gotten a tko due to bruising or eyes closed or something.

even without throwing much he bruised up pac's face pretty bad.
                I'm pretty sure Pac was hurting him. Clottey didn't like what he was being hit with whenever he opened up so he stopped opening up. Pac's body attack was vicious in that fight, I cringed more than once watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                  I'm pretty sure Pac was hurting him. Clottey didn't like what he was being hit with whenever he opened up so he stopped opening up. Pac's body attack was vicious in that fight, I cringed more than once watching it.
                  you know what i mean.

i doubt pac can drop him or beat him down. clottey has a good chin and durable.

pac on the other hand even though he takes a good punch his face can't handle the punches at 147.

he bruises up and swells up easily against 147 guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
                    Why Joshua Clottey not in the list?

All those in the list are prime,

Oscar, wasn't past his prime, he simply couldn't solve Pacman's speed!
                    Ok. I'll add Joshua Clottey.

Oscar wasn't past his prime? Ok bro. Whatever you say.

Comment

Pacman couldnt hurt Clottey? WTF! CLottey was so scared of getting HIT by PacMan's power that he had to play defense the whole time. everybody was saying PacMan couldnt hurt them but look at their faces and the knock downs and the beating? if you can walk thru Manny's punches you wouldnt play defense the whole time. COMMON SENSE!

Barera was still in his prime but not in his peak. so was PacMan who was still inexperienced fighting world class fighter like Barrera.

Comment

Working...
                      X