Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List: Which of Manny Pacquiao's Opponents Were In Their Prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d0n View Post
    Also consider Pac's prime. He's twice the fighter he use to be.
    exactly thats wat ppl dont realise or they just plain ignore and alot of ppl bring this up with the intention to devalue his wins

pacman is in his prime right now its fair to say on that scale he would have been green through all the barrera and morales fights atleast

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      Lehlohonolo Ledwaba - PRIME
      Marco Antonio Barrera 1 - PRIME
      Marco Antonio Barrera 2 - PAST PRIME
      Juan Manuel Marquez 1 - PRIME
      Juan Manuel Marquez 2 - PRIME
      Erik Morales 1 - PAST PRIME
      Erik Morales 2 - PAST PRIME
      Erik Morales 3 - SHOT
      Oscar Larios - PRIME
      Jorge Solis - PRIME
      David Diaz - PRIME
      Oscar De La Hoya - SHOT
      Ricky Hatton - PRIME
      Miguel Cotto - PRIME

My list would be the same except Hatton was past prime verging on shot and MAB was past prime in both fights.....he put up an amazing fight...but his prime performance would have been better like in 2001 when he beat naseem ........
      Last edited by Cassius Liston; 07-31-2010, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aus box View Post
        exactly thats wat ppl dont realise or they just plain ignore and alot of ppl bring this up with the intention to devalue his wins

pacman is in his prime right now its fair to say on that scale he would have been green through all the barrera and morales fights atleast
        Exactly, and although I don't think you can call a fighter with that much experience green, you certainly can't call him red. If you catch mah drift...

Comment

I agree with PB's list. Hatton is past prime no doubt and Cotto by that time was just damaged, past prime too, but I give Pacquiao his biggest credit for the Cotto fight, albeit even if he was damaged, he was the most able opponent at WW. It could've been Clottey but everyone knows that character .

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
            I agree with PB's list. Hatton is past prime no doubt and Cotto by that time was just damaged, past prime too, but I give Pacquiao his biggest credit for the Cotto fight, albeit even if he was damaged, he was the most able opponent at WW. It could've been Clottey but everyone knows that character .
            clottey's dumb ass could have beat pac or at least give it a good go.

clottey is not a ko guy but he has damaging punches plus i don't think pac can hurt him.

if he just let his hands go , he might have still lost all the rounds but he could have done a lot of damage and maybe get lucky and gotten a tko due to bruising or eyes closed or something.

even without throwing much he bruised up pac's face pretty bad.

Comment

clottey is not a ko guy but he has damaging punches plus i don't think pac can hurt him.

if he just let his hands go , he might have still lost all the rounds but he could have done a lot of damage and maybe get lucky and gotten a tko due to bruising or eyes closed or something.

That's what I'm saying though, his lack of activity keeps him from breaking that barrier at world class to being an elite boxer. Clottey relies too much on waiting for an opportunity instead of making it.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
                That's what I'm saying though, his lack of activity keeps him from breaking that barrier at world class to being an elite boxer. Clottey relies too much on waiting for an opportunity instead of making it.
                what a waste.

he has good skills and a very good chin.

no reason why he couldn't have won a couple of his big fights.

Comment

Originally posted by WAR ENGLAND View Post
                  It's about the same apart from Cotto/Hatton bit

Hatton was at his best vs Kosta.. not after coming from a Knockout and being badly shaken by Lazcano.

Cotto was prime around the time he fought Mosley not after he got battered into submission by Margaritto and went live and death with Clottey.

Btw im not saying they aren't good wins (the Cotto one is really great) but they certainly were past prime in my view.
                  Just because Cotto lost to Margarito and had a close decision with Clottey doesn't mean that he is past prime. Those are two of the best WW in the last ten years and they were suppose to be competitive fights. So does that mean that Mosley was out of prime in the 2nd Forrest fight because he almost knocked him out in the 1st fight. Or that Hameed was past prime when he fought Barrera? nope it doesn't. Cotto was in his prime and still is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
                    LOL correct mate!

As they say here in NSB, when someone loses previously, they're automatically past prime or shot
                    Tamis this is why I rarely have serious convos with most posters on here. I have a very small circle of guys I discuss boxing with for reasons you just mentioned above. LOL at the dumba$$es who think 1 loss makes you shot or past your prime.

Comment

If Pacquiao couldn't hurt him then why didn't he punch more??? pretty obvious right.

Comment

Working...
                      X